Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend your favorite car coat

I want something I can wear in the fall-early sping here in Southern California. I already have a wool coat that I wear when it dips below 40 in the AM and PM, but want something for when the AM or evening temps are in the 50s and 60s.

I was thinking of something that covers my butt, but no longer than knee length. I don’t need it to be wool, cashmere, or a puffer style jacket. Maybe something like these, but without the Burberry price.
    https://us.burberry.com/detachable-h...coat-p40624111

https://us.burberry.com/diamond-quil...cket-p40624961

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-03-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe something from Boden? I love their coats, but admittedly don't own one.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the Barbour coats. I purchase through Orvis but it looks like Nordstrom has them as well.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/barbour...gaAo3oEALw_wcB

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been eyeing the trench coat at Everlane.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been doing the Get Your Pretty On capsule wardrobe that was mentioned on here and bought this for my utility jacket. I've been wearing it every morning and to soccer practices. I bought it from Nordstrom but looks like the green I bought is cheaper on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/Levis-Womens-...dp/B00SMCFWA6/

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/levis-p...r=army%20green
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Annie, as someone who lives where it gets really cold I read your post with a smile. It was 22 degrees today and I wore my thin aero puffer vest as I do most days. I hate wearing a coat in the car and the walk into work is a short walk and into the store and hockey rink also a short walk. I wear a thin jacket when it's 15 or below or if I'm outside. When I lived in Socal I never wore anything heavier than a fleece. I do think that thin quilted coat linked is cute but would look for a cheaper version, also hoods in the car are not comfortable for me at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Annie, as someone who lives where it gets really cold I read your post with a smile. It was 22 degrees today and I wore my thin aero puffer vest as I do most days. I hate wearing a coat in the car and the walk into work is a short walk and into the store and hockey rink also a short walk. I wear a thin jacket when it's 15 or below or if I'm outside. When I lived in Socal I never wore anything heavier than a fleece. I do think that thin quilted coat linked is cute but would look for a cheaper version, also hoods in the car are not comfortable for me at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I know!! I was LOLing at the needing something for 50s and 60s. My kids are running around in shorts and a hoodie in that weather. When it’s a little chilly, I wear my fake leather Moto jacket, a utility jacket, or a fleece.

And yes, hoods are not good in the car. Very uncomfortable.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I know!! I was LOLing at the needing something for 50s and 60s. My kids are running around in shorts and a hoodie in that weather. When it’s a little chilly, I wear my fake leather Moto jacket, a utility jacket, or a fleece.

And yes, hoods are not good in the car. Very uncomfortable.
    SoCal peep here! It's been in the 50s in the mornings here for the past week and you should see everyone! The kids and I walked a block to Starbucks and everyone around us was wearing parkas, beanies, scarves, and boots!!! We get so little time to wear "winter" clothing that we take every chance we get! I've been wearing my fur lined boots all week and whipped out my rain boots last week when it rained (they usually get about 2-3 days of wear a year)!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    SoCal peep here! It's been in the 50s in the mornings here for the past week and you should see everyone! The kids and I walked a block to Starbucks and everyone around us was wearing parkas, beanies, scarves, and boots!!! We get so little time to wear "winter" clothing that we take every chance we get! I've been wearing my fur lined boots all week and whipped out my rain boots last week when it rained (they usually get about 2-3 days of wear a year)!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of when we visited my sister in Tucson in February. It was 65-70 and sunny, which felt tropical to us, and everyone was bundled up! When I asked my sister why, she said, "This is their only chance to wear all their warm clothing!"

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend your favorite car coat

Thanks everyone!

I am generally always cold in the AM and the PM, but it has to be colder than 55, which is a cold snap for most here. People start wearing Ugg boots, scarves, and knit caps when it is 70 at night....it drives me bonkers....especially when they wear short denim skirts or maxi dresses. In my area (8 miles inland from the beach) it does get down to the low thirties for a few weeks a year. I grew up in Sacramento which isn’t Midwest cold, but it is colder there so I feel like I know cold and the cold doesn’t bother me.

I do have a faux leather Moto jacket, but I want something longer (it hits at my waist). I also have a herringbone vest, and a thin rain coat (which happens to be the same one my 66 year old mom has....them at Kohl’s, but it works (and my mom lives in NorCal) and I am not spending $200 or so on a more trendy rain jacket for the amount of rain we don’t get).

I also love my North Face fleece jacket which I wear on the weekends, but again it hits at my hip and I would like something that isn’t a fleece hoodie.

I hate taking my jacket off in the car so this is part of the reason for wanting a thinner jacket. Plus my wool jacket is kind of overkill except for those mornings when it is in the 30s, and I have to take that off to drive.

Essence, I actually almost bought that Levi’s jacket you linked twice last year at Nordstrom, but I couldn’t pay $99 for it....I kept waiting for it to go on clearance or show up at Nordstrom Rack and it never did. Of course it is almost at full price in my size on Amazon.

I ended up ordering this quilted jacket from Macy’s in black. It was $33 or something on sale. The reviews aren’t great, but I ordered multiple sizes so I hope it fits.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...iABEgKO0_D_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-06-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast