Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    SoCal peep here! It's been in the 50s in the mornings here for the past week and you should see everyone! The kids and I walked a block to Starbucks and everyone around us was wearing parkas, beanies, scarves, and boots!!! We get so little time to wear "winter" clothing that we take every chance we get! I've been wearing my fur lined boots all week and whipped out my rain boots last week when it rained (they usually get about 2-3 days of wear a year)!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Hilarious! I was born and raised in so cal (now in Iowa), so I see the insanity when I visit over winter break. We just bring a fleece hoodie when we visit in the winter. We were just in Phoenix over thanksgiving and it was in the low 60s when we started hiking in the morning (Warmed up to 70) and most people were wearing pants, long sleeves and fleece. there were some hats too.

A few years ago when it was an El Niño year, my mom said she wanted to buy rain boots to be prepared. I told her she was insane and just to wear normal shoes and step over puddles in the 3 days it was likely to rain.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend your favorite car coat

Update: I ended up keeping the Macy’s coat. I just wore this AM and it is a good weight. One thing I didn’t realize is that it doesn’t have slide in pockets, which I like to have in a jacket, but for $33 it isn’t the end of the world and I was able to wear it in the car and not be uncomfortable. If I end up finding something I like better then I will leave it at the office, but for now it works.

I went with the XL. I wear a large top, and a 14 pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2