ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Thoughts on this dress?

DH's company Holiday party is this Friday. I haven't had time to shop for a new dress so I went through all of my nicer dresses in my closet. I think I wore this to the same party several years ago. When I tried dresses on, this was DH's pick of what to wear this year. These are not my pics, found them online. The dress on me is very form fitting, but in a good way (makes my waist look super tiny, but also accentuates my behind a bit more than I'd like). I'm not very up on fashion, so is this still in style and appropriate for a company party? People dress in everything from pretty church type dresses to sparkly formal wear, so its a pretty wide range for the dress code. Its a catered meal and dancing. I have black wedge heals I'd wear with it.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Nicole-...d7c64b90c789a3

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No. The leopard print screams “girls night out” not work party. Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree, the leopard isn't doing it for me for the occasion. I just wore this dress to my gyms LBD party (it's a 6 week challenge and they end with a big party). The dress was only 22.00 at jcpenney, from the Jr dept and was really pretty on and comfy too. Penneys has a lot of dresses. I'd get a LBD. And go for something fun and a if the fitted style suits you go for it! Also, a spray tan goes a long way if you aren't wanting to wear hose and it's cold and your legs are white!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Leopard actually appears to be really in style right now but I'm not liking it on that dress. An all black dress with leopard heels would be a more current look.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Leopard actually appears to be really in style right now but I'm not liking it on that dress. An all black dress with leopard heels would be a more current look.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    My thoughts too. I’m not anti leopard print but this specific one isn’t working for me for this.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I agree, the leopard isn't doing it for me for the occasion. I just wore this dress to my gyms LBD party (it's a 6 week challenge and they end with a big party). The dress was only 22.00 at jcpenney, from the Jr dept and was really pretty on and comfy too. Penneys has a lot of dresses. I'd get a LBD. And go for something fun and a if the fitted style suits you go for it! Also, a spray tan goes a long way if you aren't wanting to wear hose and it's cold and your legs are white!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Love that dress!

I agree that while I don't mind leopard print, and I like that dress, I don't think it is right for a holiday party.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Another no for that leopard dress. That would be very out of place at any work function even fun party I’ve attended. More like Vegas trip.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the input. I have other options, this one was DH's favorite but I was thinking it was a bit too club like for his party.