♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default abusive daycare worker story in the news

i can't even. this is too close to home. i don't understand how anyone could do this to a 2-month old. at a daycare. why take a job taking care of babies if they frustrate you so much - i do not get it.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/mckinne...oVjs8Kt7C1lRaA

i cannot imagine how these poor parents are feeling. if anything i would have thought a daycare center would be more trustworthy, due to multiple people being there. and a Montessori one - i've heard nothing but good things about the Montessori schools in our area.

what also deeply distrurbs me is how the daycare center tried to cover it up. a "birthmark"? playing "rough"? (a 2month old).

ETA: on google and greatschools, this place has a 5 star rating with great reviews. it's in a really nice neighborhood.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 12-07-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow I’m just speechless reading that. A 2-month old baby with fractures is just unimaginable. I have the same questions as you, how does all this happen at the facility without anyone’s knowledge?

And we think a daycare would have more oversight and safety rather than a sole nanny.

It’s hard enough to leave your infant at a daycare without having to fear for mentally unstable caretakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmm. Great that the offending employee is no longer there, but I'm curious who made up the birthmark and rough diaper change story. I wonder if other employees knew what was going on but nobody was courageous enough to speak out. So awful.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This employee had her nursing license revoked back in 2015 for drug use.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10