Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default GS cookie etiquette?

Our next door neighbor's DD just signed up for GS. We are friendly with them, DD plays with her often. Last year DD was the only GS in the neighborhood. What is the best way to handle GS cookie sales? DD sold a lot in the neighborhood last year. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Same troop or different? If same, they can sell together. All proceeds are troop money, so it doesn't matter so much who sells what. They would just split sales in half for individual recognitions.

If different troops, just have your DD go out as usual. People will buy from whom they choose to buy. If your DD plans to go on the first day sales are allowed, she will likely get to the homes first. She has no obligation to "cede" anything to another girl. If the other family approaches you, you could work out that the girls will start in different directions or something. But we found that people still bought from us even if another girl already had been there, sometimes because they remembered us from the year before and sometimes because they had run out.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m not sure what the etiquette is, but I know I can’t resist the cookies, and will buy a box from multiple Girl Scouts. I have students at my school who sell as well as daughters of coworkers. I usually buy at least a box from each that ask.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have had a similar situation with Cub Scout popcorn. Last year we had 4 scouts on our street with 15 houses. I did not have my son go door to door. We just sold to family (even though out family is not that big) and participated in the pack “show and sell” events at our Kroger. This year I had two kids in scouts and we were down to one other house with scouts, so I let the kids go out. I figured we would just sell to who we could and if they got hit up twice, they could decide how much to buy.

With the cookies, I think you are in a little better situation because of the lower price point (our cheapest bag of popcorn is $10). I think neighbors can buy from multiple scouts and it not be a problem. Plus, maybe her parents work in big offices where she can sell or maybe she has a big family and won’t end up doing much door to door. I would just do your thing and not worry about it.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I don't know how cookies work, but with Cub Scouts what we did was get inventory and we did wagon sales as a group and the boys split the sales. We did a ton more business having the stuff right there with us.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As a Girl Scout parent, I didn’t allow my kids to go door to door.

As a Girl Scout cookie customer, I will buy at least a box from every scout who comes to my door. And the children of co-workers. And the adorable angels outside of the grocery store. When it comes to GS cookies, I’m a firm believer in the more, the merrier. So, just keep doing what you’ve been doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is one of 3 Girl Scouts in our neighborhood; the other two girls are in different troops.

We did not check with other Scouts before we sold in the neighborhood, though it would have been courteous and caring of us to have done so. I am not sure if the other two girls are permitted to sell door-to-door at all, so it might be a moot point.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'd go out as you have in the past. You never know how much or little interest the other scout will have in cookies. I am a cookie manager and see all stripes on selling.

As a customer, I always buy from anyone who asks. There was a time we had 5 Girl Scouts in our 12 house cul-de-sac.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My old neighborhood had several Girl Scouts from a few different troops. We never discussed it, but I always avoided the street where I knew girls from another troop lived. But my girls don’t tend to cover the whole neighborhood,

In you shoes, I’d probably reach out to the other scout and see what they are planning to do. You absolutely do not have to, but it’s a nice thing to do.

My girl scout kids went around our neighborhood last year. I think other kids had, too. I don't think you need to ask your neighbor.

Some neighbors bought a box or two from my kids merely because they said they always bought from any girl scout who asked (as other posters have said). At least one that I remember, maybe a couple, declined because they had already bought from another girl scout or had daughters who were girl scouts. A few actually just declined without any reason at all, which is life, but I was surprised - but who knows, maybe they don't have much money or are just tired of people coming to their door. My daughters were disappointed, but I just told them that that's what happens when you try to sell. And enough people happily bought from them that they were fine and cheery by the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast