Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love slippery pot pie. I sometimes cheat and buy pot pie noodles (I know...not the same as fresh) when we are in Lancaster County, PA, and save them for pot pie weather, though I have my grandmother's recipe. Anyway, we really like the Goya 16-bean soup mix/bag of beans. I saute some chopped onion and carrot and, if I have it, celery, in a bit of olive oil, then add the ham bone and chicken stock (low-sodium works best because the ham bone is salty). I let the broth get hammy, then I add the bean soup mix and cook until the beans are tender. If you want to speed up the process, parcook the beans while you are starting the stock.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    I love slippery pot pie. I sometimes cheat and buy pot pie noodles (I know...not the same as fresh) when we are in Lancaster County, PA, and save them for pot pie weather, though I have my grandmother's recipe. Anyway, we really like the Goya 16-bean soup mix/bag of beans. I saute some chopped onion and carrot and, if I have it, celery, in a bit of olive oil, then add the ham bone and chicken stock (low-sodium works best because the ham bone is salty). I let the broth get hammy, then I add the bean soup mix and cook until the beans are tender. If you want to speed up the process, parcook the beans while you are starting the stock.
    Willing to share your source for noodles in Lancaster?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2