Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Also, invest in black underwear. Not always easy to find, although we found Marks and Spencer was perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Target has black underwear. It’s in the women’s section where you can pick from bins to mix and match. It’s bikini style and DD wears size XS (which is like a size 2)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I agree! All the swimmers use them, and DD’s friends who are dancers and gymnasts also wear them. From her very limited experience with pads, DD thinks they are gross and cumbersome. She’s super responsible, so I don’t think she would be lax about changing tampons. I actually think using tampons makes periods less “gross” and less of a bother. I remember hating wearing a thick pad (probably before wings) and I was always worried if it would shift and leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I honestly can't imagine wearing pads even at a young age. I wore a tampon from my first period at age 12. Only time I wore pads was after childbirth. It was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    (Not a competitive swimming family.) I won’t be encouraging tampons, I was fifteen before I got my period and wanted nothing to do with them and don’t like how they feel and health risks if younger kids don’t change them often. For swimming or something where you need that protection but for a new teen is want her to try the various pad options since technology has improved those tons. I’d make sure she has ibuprofen or takes Aleve for cramping and has a heating pad for at home if needed. I do remember terrible cramps that I didn’t have once I was an adult. And I’d be fine with staying home as needed for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe as a late teen, that may work for pads. As more awareness of their own body, situations, etc. but I got my 1st period when I just turned 11. As a swimmer, runner and involved with drama, no way could I function with pads.

It is really awkward. Especially for girls with skinny or leggings clothing options. And i always worried about leakage too. Tampons or diva cups gives me that reassurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    DD is probably going to try a cup as we have discussed how they make so much sense (no trash, cost etc).

Do cups carry the same risk as tampons if one forgets to change?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    Do cups carry the same risk as tampons if one forgets to change?

https://www.consumerreports.org/wome...hock-syndrome/

Apparently they do, so same precautions need to be taken by the user.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I left my cup in for 12 hours, as long as you cleaned it, youre fine. That linked report said one of the cases left it in for 7 days!!!

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also couldnt imagine having to deal with pads. From the first time I got my period at age 13, I have always used tampons. I remember my cousin wouldnt use them. Pads just seem so gross to me. I trust my DD to change it on her own an often enough. I'm actually amazed that grown women use pads vs tampons.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5