Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Here is the video link
    https://youtu.be/zEBDJSNj8N4

Thanks! I watched part of the video. It’s funny that she’s only been using them for one cycle and now she’s making a video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD1 has had her period for probably 3 years but has been very irregular. She only had it maybe 8 times. I think she is finally getting regular as now she's had it 2mos in a row.

She still struggles with tampons. After one attempt, she came out of the bathroom and announced, "Well, I don't have a vagina."

I am hoping she can figure this out and soon!! Maybe the video will help.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Thanks! I watched part of the video. It’s funny that she’s only been using them for one cycle and now she’s making a video
    So funny! And she didn't even START her period until 16!!! I'm sending this video to my 2 best friends who have 12 year old DDs. One started her period already and has been having lots of issues not being prepared with supplies and bleeding through her clothes.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    So funny! And she didn't even START her period until 16!!! I'm sending this video to my 2 best friends who have 12 year old DDs. One started her period already and has been having lots of issues not being prepared with supplies and bleeding through her clothes.
    I know! And then not knowing about the two holes? (I will say I had a friend in high school who didn’t get hers until 16 and her mom told her not to use tampons or else she wouldn’t be a virgin anymore. But little did her mom know she started having sex at 15. But that girl didn’t know about the two holes until I explained it to her at age 16. If you don’t know how many holes are down there, maybe you shouldn’t be having sex. But that’s a different issue.)

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

.... But little did her mom know she started having sex at 15. But that girl didn’t know about the two holes until I explained it to her at age 16. If you don’t know how many holes are down there, maybe you shouldn’t be having sex. But that’s a different issue.)

Just what I was thinking when I read your post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I would mention all the other symptoms that sometimes go along with periods besides just cramps, so she doesn't get worried if she experiences them. Headaches, nausea, diarrhea/loose stools, and back pain are all common. I used to have horrible cramps before having kids, but now I just have severe lower back pain. I bend over in the shower and let the hottest water I can stand beat down on my lower back. A heating pad is good too for cramps/back pain.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    This made me laugh because it is EXACTLY how I feel about peri-menopause! Thank God google and friends/family explained everything before it happened or I would be the Crazy Woman in the Attic. This is so helpful to think about, and I wouldn't have for my tween.

I will be following this thread and thanks for the head's up that I should be starting to introduce this stuff before it happens. We are still a bit from it (I think), but I think it will be good to start this kind of youtube / google looking at stuff online with her in the next year.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I posted this in the Lounge but wanted to post here too since several responded about tampons: https://13wham.com/news/nation-world...s-left-in-body
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Default DD got her period for the first time any tips,etc

So my DD (12.5) got her period last night! About 10 min before we were heading to swim practice. It was super light at that moment, so I told her to just swim without anything and we’d tackle the tampon situation when she got back. She didn’t want to watch the video, so I had to explain things myself. It was quite an ordeal but she managed to get it in. This morning was a bit smoother, and we will see how she did at school today. She says the tampon bothers her, but I can’t tell if it’s not in far enough or if it just feels weird at first. Of course she’s supposed to run the mile for fitness testing today (let’s hope that tampon is fully in ) and she has a swim meet tonight and she’s swimming the 1000 free . But she did say that most of her friends already have their period.

Last edited by georgiegirl; 12-14-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

So my DD (12.5) got her period last night! About 10 min before we were heading to swim practice. It was super light at that moment, so I told her to just swim without anything and we’d tackle the tampon situation when she got back. She didn’t want to watch the video, so I had to explain things myself. It was quite an ordeal but she managed to get it in. This morning was a bit smoother, and we will see how she did at school today. She says the tampon bothers her, but I can’t tell if it’s not in far enough or if it just feels weird at first. Of course she’s supposed to run the mile for fitness testing today (let’s hope that tampon is fully in ) and she has a swim meet tonight and she’s swimming the 1000 free . But she did say that most of her friends already have their period.

Good luck to your daughter at her swim meet. My daughter is a super athletic long distance runner and we have noticed she posts her worst times when she is on her period. May not be the same for everyone, but I wanted to mention it in case your daughter has a less than stellar race. It took us a while to figure out the trend and it was very frustrating/disappointing for her until we made the connection.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast