Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Joann's cashier- horrible experience twice

So my local Joann's store has a very rude, curmudgeonly lady working at the register. I've received two Joanns online orders that didn't work out (sealed, new) and brought them to Joanns to return. Not used, new in box. Within a day or two of actual delivery of the items, so it's not like I waited weeks or months to return these new, sealed, items. The first time was last year. The second time was yesterday.

Joann's website states the return policy, loud and clear. "Our Return Policy = Hassle Free Creativity." "Take any in-store, online or Buy Online Pickup In-Store purchase to any Joann store for a hassle free refund with a smile." There isn't even a time period for returns. It's that flexible and nice of a policy.

Both times, this same, very rude cashier looks at the item, sighs and grunts, makes a face, and says "We don't carry this item in OUR store." So what? I'm returning it from Joann.com, not trying to buy it. And she repeatedly says this at least three times in a row. I tell her "what difference does it make if you carry it in your store, the Joann's website clearly states hassle free returns to ANY store." Then, she repeats again "well, I will take it this time but for future reference, we don't carry this in our store." And believe me, she threw in plenty of exasperated sighs and grunts. Then, I repeated again, "the website clearly states hassle free returns to ANY store." Then she actually says "I don't believe everything a website says."

Seriously? What kind of customer service is this? I am shocked that this woman has lasted this long at this Joann's store. Her rudeness and inability to follow her own company's policy seems ridiculous to me.

Sorry, just had to vent. The Yelp reviews for this location are atrocious too. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    So my local Joann's store has a very rude, curmudgeonly lady working at the register. I've received two Joanns online orders that didn't work out (sealed, new) and brought them to Joanns to return. Not used, new in box. Within a day or two of actual delivery of the items, so it's not like I waited weeks or months to return these new, sealed, items. The first time was last year. The second time was yesterday.

Joann's website states the return policy, loud and clear. "Our Return Policy = Hassle Free Creativity." "Take any in-store, online or Buy Online Pickup In-Store purchase to any Joann store for a hassle free refund with a smile." There isn't even a time period for returns. It's that flexible and nice of a policy.

Both times, this same, very rude cashier looks at the item, sighs and grunts, makes a face, and says "We don't carry this item in OUR store." So what? I'm returning it from Joann.com, not trying to buy it. And she repeatedly says this at least three times in a row. I tell her "what difference does it make if you carry it in your store, the Joann's website clearly states hassle free returns to ANY store." Then, she repeats again "well, I will take it this time but for future reference, we don't carry this in our store." And believe me, she threw in plenty of exasperated sighs and grunts. Then, I repeated again, "the website clearly states hassle free returns to ANY store." Then she actually says "I don't believe everything a website says."

Seriously? What kind of customer service is this? I am shocked that this woman has lasted this long at this Joann's store. Her rudeness and inability to follow her own company's policy seems ridiculous to me.

Sorry, just had to vent. The Yelp reviews for this location are atrocious too.
    I bet if you call and speak with a manager they’ll give you some sort of coupon for having endured such terrible customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

My fear is that she could be the manager....I called to find out her exact name, and she answered the phone.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    My fear is that she could be the manager....I called to find out her exact name, and she answered the phone.
    I'm mad for you. Does your return receipt have any cashier number associated with the return? You could go above store level to corporate. You definitely deserve better treatment.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had an awful experience earlier this year with a return to Target. I got home and filled out the guest survey that I always ignore. Does JoAnns have something similar? Check the website for a spot to share feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, is this the store at 92 and El Camino?! I may have run into her, too. Why do people like this have customer facing jobs?!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Gosh, that is awful! We have a grumpy cashier at our local Dollar Tree, he is well know for his horrible attitude, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    Oh my gosh, is this the store at 92 and El Camino?! I may have run into her, too. Why do people like this have customer facing jobs?!
    Yes!!! It is that exact store! And the Yelp reviews for that store really echo the terrible service that I received.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Contact corporate! Have the receipt with her information on it. Point out the terrible yelp reviews too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast