Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Gift Idea for 14 yo DD?

Let me explain lol!

DD1 has lots of common "teen" things on her Christmas wish list- sweaters, makeup, jewelry, shoes etc. Santa will be getting her some of those items, but I also like him to bring something for her to "do" on Christmas. I feel like (at least for me), there's nothing better than digging into new toys and playing all afternoon after the gifts are unwrapped. When she was younger, it was easy. Now that she's older, I'm struggling with ideas. FWIW, Santa will be bringing the entire family some board games, so I sort of want to avoid those. Other than that, I'm wipe open for suggestions.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What about non-board games? Like Simon or Simon Air, Bop-It, Bounce Off?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does she have a Perplexus?

What about a book of crossword puzzles?

An "adult" coloring book? Or one of those canvas painting sets?

Some other type of crafting set?
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know what you mean! My kiddo is really interested in decorating her room, so I have given her a bunch of room decoration things and also a bullet journal. I envision her spending the day getting her decorations going and starting her 2019 journal.

Last year I gave her one of those little printers and she spent the day printing.

We go to the movies sometimes.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Books or magazines? I love to curl up and read in the afternoon with peppermint tea... It feels like such a relaxing treat. (so doed my dd, but she is still only 11)
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

melwe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

What about something like a 3D puzzle? I received one about that age and was thankful to have an activity to dive into while the younger kids were playing.
    Melanie

DD 12/06
    DS 9/2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about a big ball or two of loop yarn? It's really easy to "knit" with, not to mention soft and comforting to just work with in your hands. A scarf is a nice 2-hour project.

https://www.joann.com/bernat-alize-b...2Byarn&start=1

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    What about a big ball or two of loop yarn? It's really easy to "knit" with, not to mention soft and comforting to just work with in your hands. A scarf is a nice 2-hour project.

https://www.joann.com/bernat-alize-b...2Byarn&start=1
    This looks like it feels nice. What do you do with it? I'm confused by the "knit" part above. Not a knitter...can you tell?

Last year I got DD a Spirograph and some nice pens.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is tough because my older two aren’t asking for toys either, other than a trampoline.

Did she already go through the “colored pens/pencils and intricate coloring book” thing? Every now and then DD1 still goes back to hers to unwind.

DD2 is actually asking for an over-the-door pull-up bar like her friend’s. Their doorframe and plaster have minimal damage after 2 years of heavy use...I was impressed with the photos. I think it’s by Iron Gym on Amazon...$24 with prime.

All 3 of our kids are going through a card game phase...so they each got their own decks (non-actor Harry Potter, Dragons, and unicorns) and we gave DS a book on solitaire games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast