ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default American Airlines changed our flights!

DH got an email that our flight information has changed for some upcoming travel. We are now leaving 2 hours earlier than the flight we selected and booked. I don't want to cut our vacation short. There is 3 hours of driving involved to get from our hotel to the airport, we'll now need to hit the road by 6 AM! I would not have chosen that flight. No explanation in the email, just the new information.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Call them ASAP to see what other flight options are available, they should change it for you, for free. Other passengers on your original flight will be calling as well.

They did the same thing to us last year and changed our pre-cruise flight to one day later, we would have missed boarding had we not seen the new flight and changed it!

I had that happen for a flight I took last weekend. They cancelled my flight and put me on a later flight a couple of months ago. I had a feeling my flight would come back so I kept checking the Delta app, and sure enough they added a flight about 10 minutes later than my original. I called and it took about 10 minutes to change my non-refundable, non-changeable ticket to the flight that was close to my original.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same thing happened to us, and we would have arrived at our destination in the night rather than the afternoon, so I called them to complain and they found seats on an earlier flight which was actually better than my original booking. We are using miles for these tickets.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis