wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Booster for 9yr old for Disney trip?

My 9yo DD2 is short for her age. She still rides in a booster in my and DH's cars. We are going to Orlando for 8 days and renting a mid-size car. We are staying in a few different hotels and at my ILs, who are 30mis from the parks. That will be our only driving. I was planning on bringing one of her boosters and just schlepping it on the plane, but also just really don't want the hassle. Would you bring one?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, I would. Or I would get a bubble bum if you want something more compact (I have found the bubble bum invaluable at home too to fit three across in our cars).
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd get a bubblebum.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another vote for the Bubblebum. DS2 is 9 and that's what we used on our trips to Seattle and Vancouver this year. It rolls up small enough to carry in my backpack purse.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Absolutely bring one. It’s not that much of a hassle. You can stick it in a carryon if you don’t want to check it, but you’ll probably be checking bags anyway, so what does it matter if you have one more free item? The way I think about it is that I would never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen, and my child were injured or worse because I had decided bringing the booster was too much of a PITA. Just take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Yes, I'd take one. Boosters are so easy! My DD tucks her booster into the pull portion of her roll aboard luggage (so the seat goes through the two metal bars and then it catches on the armrests). On the plane it just goes under the seat in front of her. So easy!
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, we use bubblebums if we will be renting a car on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Yes, I'd take one. Boosters are so easy! My DD tucks her booster into the pull portion of her roll aboard luggage (so the seat goes through the two metal bars and then it catches on the armrests). On the plane it just goes under the seat in front of her. So easy!
    That’s brilliant! We’ve vowed only to do carryon luggage to Orlando from now on since we’ve experienced so many nightmarishly long baggage delays due to thunderstorms, and we gate check the boosters, but it’s always a little wait for that, too. DD and DS could bring their boosters on board this way without any of us having to sacrifice space in a carryon. Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all. I will look into the Bumble Bum. My gut was telling me to take the booster and you all confirmed that.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Thanks all. I will look into the Bumble Bum. My gut was telling me to take the booster and you all confirmed that.
    For ~$30, you cannot beat the BubbleBum ... also, it rolls up really small & can slide into either a carry-on or backpack. Ours came with a stuff sack which made it super-convenient to tuck into any bag because I didn't have to wrestle with straps & clips slipping around.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle