Thread: Missing wallet

Default Missing wallet

DHs wallet "disappeared" from our car at a church Christmas function last night! Of course, we fly out tomorrow afternoon for 2 wks
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh no, so sorry! Does he have a Passport? If not, have him bring any alternative picture ID that he can find to the airport, this happens and they will work around it. Also, leave lots of extra time as it can take a bit to get the approval through security.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The last time my DH renewed his driver’s license, he had a temporary one for two weeks and had to fly in the meantime. The temp isn’t valid as ID for flying, but it was no big deal. He just had to be pulled aside for more thorough security check. Definitely build in extra time for that, but he should be fine to fly. I think they said a passport expired a year or less can serve as ID.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

oh I'm sorry to hear that! what awful timing.

Oh no! What are you going to do? I cannot imagine worse timing.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Yes, the timing was pretty awful. Our state is one of the few without RealID so a quick stop at DMV and he was fine. Temporary debit cards, etc. We made it work although it was very stressful. On the bright side, we came home to an amazingly clean house and vehicles due to intense searching. We're out about $300 in Shell gift cards but he found the original receipt two days ago for another substantial gift card purchase. It hadn't been used so the retailer blocked it and transferred balance to a new card!
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by c&j04 View Post
    Yes, the timing was pretty awful. Our state is one of the few without RealID so a quick stop at DMV and he was fine. Temporary debit cards, etc. We made it work although it was very stressful. On the bright side, we came home to an amazingly clean house and vehicles due to intense searching. We're out about $300 in Shell gift cards but he found the original receipt two days ago for another substantial gift card purchase. It hadn't been used so the retailer blocked it and transferred balance to a new card!
    I'm impressed "intense searching" results in a clean house for you...it's the absolute opposite for us.

I'm glad it worked out okay.