Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is really irritating that companies are not more careful about this. A few years ago DH got me a LV bag for my birthday. I loved it but wanted a different style to went to exchange it. Of course there wasn’t anything in same price range so I paid $300 more and used a credit card I have had since before we were married that he does not see. They asked if I wanted receipt emailed and I said no, please print it. DH asked me later about price difference... I brushed it off and said it wasn’t that much. Turns out they had emailed him the receipt. A receipt for a gift that was exchanged and paid for separately on a card that was not his. I was livid and called them but they could only apologize. The gift giver should never be notified of a gift return or exchange or the initial purchase. Companies need to figure out how to get this right.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    DH and I share the same Amazon Prime so that definitely complicates keeping gifts secret. A co-worker and I have had to resort to ordering each other’s spouses gifts just to keep gifts secret in the past. We just have them delivered to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FYI- DH and I share Prime but have completely separate Amazon accounts. I have no way of seeing his orders unless he left it open on a computer at home. I don’t know how we did it, it’s just always been like that. But you shouldn’t have to use someone else’s account to order things.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    FYI- DH and I share Prime but have completely separate Amazon accounts. I have no way of seeing his orders unless he left it open on a computer at home. I don’t know how we did it, it’s just always been like that. But you shouldn’t have to use someone else’s account to order things.

Same here. We actually have a household account that buys Prime and is what we use for movies, etc. And then we have our own personal accounts that the household shares the Prime with, so we both get the free shipping. It works well. I just have to check the name on the box when it comes so I know if it's for me or him.
    Kris

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We share the same Prime account because we have been sharing Kindle and ComiXology books since Kindle became a thing. And it doesn’t seem worth the effort to change things now. I have my own Amazon account but I don’t have Prime on that account so I hardly use it. I should see about attaching it to our prime account but I literally only use it when I want to hide a gift from the husband.

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

A year or so ago I set up my ups items to be shipped directly to the ups store (although it doesn’t automatically mean it will go there some stuff still gets shipped to my house) so now if anyone orders anything for me I automatically get a shipping notice. This year I got a notice from Kendra Scott so I know I am getting some jewelry I want, but the item was delivered to my house and intercepted by DD1 so I have no idea what it is.

I did intercept the box from Rothys, but I have no idea what color dh ordered. I simply put the box on his dresser.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yup....DH was out of town when I went to Costco and hauled home a foosball table. Worked my butt off hauling that from my van to the back door into our basement. Head back to close up my van and get a text from DH asking what I just put in the basement. We had recently installed a Ring video camera on the back door and he got a notification and video sent to his phone. *

I immediately deleted all the videos and had to find a more creative way to hide it. Opened it up and spread the pieces around the house.

Ok, I feel your pain on two levels. DH and I picked up that Costco foosball table for our kids and it is ridiculously heavy! I'm impressed you worked that thing anywhere solo.

I had three huge yogibo boxes this year. Delivery kept getting delayed and I was worried the kids would be out on break. Three huge boxes clearly labeled arrive on the last day of school 5 minutes before I have to leave to start carpool. I am grateful - get the things in my closet in that five minutes so I can hide them for real after bedtime.

Sure enough four hours later I've forgotten and send DC2 to my closet to get something. Grrrr

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    Ok, I feel your pain on two levels. DH and I picked up that Costco foosball table for our kids and it is ridiculously heavy! I'm impressed you worked that thing anywhere solo.

I had three huge yogibo boxes this year. Delivery kept getting delayed and I was worried the kids would be out on break. Three huge boxes clearly labeled arrive on the last day of school 5 minutes before I have to leave to start carpool. I am grateful - get the things in my closet in that five minutes so I can hide them for real after bedtime.

Sure enough four hours later I've forgotten and send DC2 to my closet to get something. Grrrr
    Oh dear!!!

Yes the foosball table was a beast. I tipped it onto a dolly and rolled it through our yard. I was unable, despite trying hard, to get it over the lip of the door. Had to just tip and slide it. Then I opened it up and hid the various pieces through out the house. Hoping I remember where they all are when we get home from my mom’s!

Did you find the assembly instructions? I didn’t come across them, but didn’t open up any of the boxes inside the outer box.

Oh dear!!!

Yes the foosball table was a beast. I tipped it onto a dolly and rolled it through our yard. I was unable, despite trying hard, to get it over the lip of the door. Had to just tip and slide it. Then I opened it up and hid the various pieces through out the house. Hoping I remember where they all are when we get home from my mom’s!

Did you find the assembly instructions? I didn’t come across them, but didn’t open up any of the boxes inside the outer box.

Good luck! We did put it together yesterday afternoon. By we I mean my dad, husband and son. I just asked my 14 YO and he said the directions were in a box. It didn't take them terribly long. I was surprised when I heard them playing in the basement as fast as I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2