Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Can’t keep secrets

In digital age. I’m at mall shopping with family. DH and DS go off to get my present. I get email from Banana Republic with e-receipt. DH must’ve used the credit card Or put in the phone number linked to my account there. I won’t open the email, but think it’s the coat I was admiring in the window last week! I’ll act surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yup....DH was out of town when I went to Costco and hauled home a foosball table. Worked my butt off hauling that from my van to the back door into our basement. Head back to close up my van and get a text from DH asking what I just put in the basement. We had recently installed a Ring video camera on the back door and he got a notification and video sent to his phone. *

I immediately deleted all the videos and had to find a more creative way to hide it. Opened it up and spread the pieces around the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My parents must have bought me a gift card to Ulta. They must have asked them for a number for my points, because I got the email receipt for it. I wish companies would be a bit more careful at this time of year!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Can’t keep secrets

DH and I share the same Amazon Prime so that definitely complicates keeping gifts secret. A co-worker and I have had to resort to ordering each other’s spouses gifts just to keep gifts secret in the past. We just have them delivered to work.

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

I just realized yesterday that the Amazon notifications of when my orders were shipping and such were showing up on the Amazon fire that DS2 uses. I turned off the notifications but a little late now after getting tons of gifts from there!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My husband got me an Apple Watch. He gave them his email. But, I still got update emails to my email, I guess Apple knows our CC number is connected with my Apple ID? Not sure. He doesn't even have an Apple ID. (It wasn't a surprise to me anyways, so no biggie, but still weird.)

Last year I got an email from Best Buy about the TV he and the kids got.

I was worried enough about the Apple ID / cell number connection for my daughter's new iPhone that I bought her phone on my husband's line's upgrade. Was figuring she'd get a "welcome to your new iPhone" message some way or the other. Which is exactly what happened with my Watch. Hmmm. Ended up being kind of a pain though because we couldn't activate it online and had to take it into the Sprint store to get the number situation straightened out.

I feel your pain! For my birthday I got an email receipt from LL Bean. I didn't look at it, but DH was disappointed (although with LL Bean it could be anything from a tent to Tevas). Then, last week I got a text from our bank asking about suspicious charges from a local jewelry store. The good news is, I'm getting jewelry! Poor DH, he can't win.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I’m not mentioning it to DH. He’ll be mad as it’s happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    DH and I share the same Amazon Prime so that definitely complicates keeping gifts secret. A co-worker and I have had to resort to ordering each other’s spouses gifts just to keep gifts secret in the past. We just have them delivered to work.

That is clever!!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is really irritating that companies are not more careful about this. A few years ago DH got me a LV bag for my birthday. I loved it but wanted a different style to went to exchange it. Of course there wasn’t anything in same price range so I paid $300 more and used a credit card I have had since before we were married that he does not see. They asked if I wanted receipt emailed and I said no, please print it. DH asked me later about price difference... I brushed it off and said it wasn’t that much. Turns out they had emailed him the receipt. A receipt for a gift that was exchanged and paid for separately on a card that was not his. I was livid and called them but they could only apologize. The gift giver should never be notified of a gift return or exchange or the initial purchase. Companies need to figure out how to get this right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast