Thread: Sleep

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Sleep

DH family arrives today. He took a nice long nap this afternoon and did a few things while I ran around like crazy. “Clean out the corner of the guest room” meant “move old boxes of baby wipes to the next room over” which happens to be my office. Instead of putting them actually away somewhere.

Kids both got into our bed at 2 am which woke me up. I came downstairs and tried to go back to sleep. At 4:15 he told them it was ok to come downstairs and wake me up. I guess so he could keep sleeping. I’m so tired and I have so much to do today and tomorrow. Ugh.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

I’m sorry. I would be livid! Sounds like some alcohol is necessary to deal with your DH, his family, and your kids who hate to sleep
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

He’s like the most clueless man alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh... This is such a crazy time of year. In our house, I'm the magic maker... DH does very little for the holidays. It has always been this way. It's okay...usually...

My DH is VERY PROTECTIVE of his sleep. I can totally see him sending the kids to me if they were interrupting his sleep! Sending hugs and wishes for a HUGE pot of coffee and a relaxing day...

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thinking about this more...just head out for the day on “last minute errands”. Nothing at home is as crucial as you probably think it is- the world won’t end if some setting up/ picking up/ cleaning up doesn’t happen. Leave dh and the kids in charge of everything. Or just go nap and lock the door.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Thinking about this more...just head out for the day on “last minute errands”. Nothing at home is as crucial as you probably think it is- the world won’t end if some setting up/ picking up/ cleaning up doesn’t happen. Leave dh and the kids in charge of everything. Or just go nap and lock the door.

This is exactly what I would do. Go find a coffee shop and a comfy chair and relax before the full craziness takes over!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    He’s like the most clueless man alive.

So my fridge was overflowing cause of all this food I bought. So I took out a bag of lemons and some radishes and set them on top of the chest freezer in the garage. It’s not exactly fridge temp out there but it’s cool and I was going to use them in the salad tomorrow and I figured they would be fine.

Being his usual helpful self, he moved them INTO THE CHEST FREEZER.

LEMONS AND RADISHES.

WTF!!!?!??

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Sleep

We’re hosting friends and both families agreed to low key Christmas. I made a list of what needs to get done cleaning house and prep for Christmas as I knew Christmas Eve would be me cooking. DH spent 6 hours yesterday watching football at a friends house. Today, he’s rushing to finish up things - he’s putting together the outdoor heater lamp and some other things. He still hasn’t wrapped DS’s presents and he’s grilling dinner tonight.

Not my problem! I just spent 8 hours baking. I’m resting up then going to exercise. I did things on my list.

Seriously, I agree with just leaving things undone.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains