Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Both kids got Kids Echo Dots for their rooms and one for the playroom. They love them (DS asked for a radio but we did this instead). DS (8) hits: Battleship, Lego Spinjitsu Kai, Asterix books, headphones. DD (6) hits: Instax camera, Lego Spinjitsu Jay, headphones, Peppa Pig Camper Van.

No real misses. Their lists were short and DD didn’t have anything on hers other than the camper van, which was hard! But they are happy.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by meggie t View Post
    Both kids got Kids Echo Dots for their rooms and one for the playroom. They love them (DS asked for a radio but we did this instead). DS (8) hits: Battleship, Lego Spinjitsu Kai, Asterix books, headphones. DD (6) hits: Instax camera, Lego Spinjitsu Jay, headphones, Peppa Pig Camper Van.

No real misses. Their lists were short and DD didn’t have anything on hers other than the camper van, which was hard! But they are happy.
    Where did you find the Asterix books?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Where did you find the Asterix books?

Amazon! We get the Omnibus versions, so they’re three in one book. He now has Vol.1-3. He loves them.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by meggie t View Post
    Amazon! We get the Omnibus versions, so they’re three in one book. He now has Vol.1-3. He loves them.
    Thank you! These will be perfect for DS2’s birthday in January!!!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS1 (15yo) is a military history nut and wanted a replica of a Francesca throwing axe. I found that on a museum website (for $40. I expected to pay more). He loves it. MIL found him a replica throwing dagger and sword as well as an enormous book called WEAPONS: a visual history of arms and armor. He spent all day reading that. We also got him a pair of Rayban sunglasses. He loves his gifts.

Ds2 (13) wanted a shifter, steering wheel and pedals for his Xbox racing game. They were pricey so SIL and MIL went in on the gift with us. Ds2 is now building a frame out of wood and plastic pipes for it.

Dd (11) received large American Girls craft kit which she doesn’t seem the least bit interested in. She asked for a bonnet in the style of Laura Ingalls Wilder (for a play she is working on). Santa brought her an entire bonnet, dress and apron and she loves it (found it on Amazon). She received a Silkstone Barbie from MIL which she loves, the complete Far Side collection and the complete Calvin and Hobbes collection which she seems really excited about. Her brothers have already started reading them. SIL got her an Ozobot that hadn’t got much attention but I’m hoping she likes it.

Ds3 (11) got a far side book, a spy vs. Spy book both of which he loved. But his main gift which he eats and sleeps with now is his Nintendo switch. He also got a Zelda game to go with it.

Dh got silk pillowcases which I saw on Anthropologie this summer, a gentlemen’s tool which apparently works like a credit card shaped jackknife https://www.amazon.com/Gentlemans-Ha.../dp/B00PAWM2G8 (also on sale on Anthropologie website) and the usual supply of Nordstrom sweaters, ties and socks. His favorite gifts were these gas cans: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...op_mb_pd_title. I also got him a game recommended here Spikeball for our lake house and the pool adapter kit for our backyard pool (called Spikebouy). He seems excited about both of those. Thanks bbb for those suggestions!

I asked for one thing fir Christmas- A necklace of Black South sea pearls and received them so I made out like a bandit this year. My ILs got me the giant Harry Potter Lego set for a combined Birthday/xmas set and I’m beyond excited about it. I figured my Lego-crazy boys would have helped build it but my 11yo Dd has pretty much built the first half by herself. It’s really cool.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-26-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Hits and Misses 2018

Hits:
    Dd1, 12:
    Apple MacBook Pro (this was a family gift, but I think she was happy with it)

Aerie PJ pants, fluffy sweatshirt

Fit Bit Aria HR

Ankle socks with dogs on them from Old Navy (from Dd2)

Smashbox liquid lipstick set

Hanna Andersson Star Wars panties

Super Nintendo Classic set (this was from my brother and SIL)

Dd2, 8:
    Large Fluffy the Unicorn stuffy from Despicable Me (this was from Dd1)

Groot Beanie Baby

Bob Ross Pop figure

Unicorn shaped desk lamp

Kindle w/ Starry Night cover

Box of $: we put $45 in a box and that was her Santa gift because she had asked for a box of dollars multiple times throughout the year.

Hanna Andersson Star Wars panties

Super Nintendo Classic set (this was from my brother and SIL)

Not sure:

Dd1:
    workout capris from Aerie (I bought an XS because that is her size, but she says they were giving her a wedgie....will probably exchange for a S or get a whole different pant all together).

Aerie lounge sweater

Old Navy sweater (plain berry color) that Dd2 picked out for her, but I think she was in a crummy mood when she opened it.

Dd2:
    lava lamp....she wants it to work immediately (this was from Dd1)

Misses:
    Dd1:
    The Vans high tops we bought a month ago and I told her were going to be from Santa didn’t fit so we have to exchange them for a larger size. She wanted to wear them yesterday.

In general Dd1 feels like she got slighted and didn’t get as much stuff as Dd2, but I had to explain to her that her gifts were about the same price as everything Dd2 got, and that she had insisted on wrapping both of Dd2s gifts separately. Ugh....dealing with pre teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Came back to add I found a miss. We got the Splatoon game for the switch. Turns out now the whole game is played online and it costs a yearly $35 subscription to play after already paying $60 for the game. We spent the better part of yesterday trying to get it to work before contacting Nintendo support and finding this out. Thankfully Target took pity on me and allowed me to exchange it for a different game. Apparently the online portion used to be free, but then in September they changed to requiring paying for online features and this entire game requires online play. I was so upset and my kids were so bummed. If the game only cost $30, and then required the subscription I would have considered it, but when it costs $60 and then they want me to pay another $35 to actually be able to play it, I draw the line. ��

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Came back to add I found a miss. We got the Splatoon game for the switch. Turns out now the whole game is played online and it costs a yearly $35 subscription to play after already paying $60 for the game. We spent the better part of yesterday trying to get it to work before contacting Nintendo support and finding this out. Thankfully Target took pity on me and allowed me to exchange it for a different game. Apparently the online portion used to be free, but then in September they changed to requiring paying for online features and this entire game requires online play. I was so upset and my kids were so bummed. If the game only cost $30, and then required the subscription I would have considered it, but when it costs $60 and then they want me to pay another $35 to actually be able to play it, I draw the line. ��
    Wow, thank you for the heads up. I haven't heard of this game, but I'm certainly not going to buy it. What a rip off!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    In general Dd1 feels like she got slighted and didn’t get as much stuff as Dd2, but I had to explain to her that her gifts were about the same price as everything Dd2 got, and that she had insisted on wrapping both of Dd2s gifts separately. Ugh....dealing with pre teens.
    Just letting you know its a problem in our house too!!

PZMommy stinks about the game. I'd have returned it too. Maybe if enough people raise a stink, it'll go back to free??

dd1's phone was a huge hit of course. She also got some new slippers, snow boots and clothes. And a nice pair of earrings from my mother.

dd2 is enjoying her magic set, new faux ugg boots she said she didnt like online, clothes and some other odds and ends.

Sadly the huge miss is the pogo stick. After bugging me for months about it (when I kept saying no) Santa finally delivered.

She was super excited and took it outside when apparently some jerks visiting 2 houses over started making snide comments about how she cant jump very high. She came back inside devastated and is insisting on returning it. The handles are too short making it too close to her body and it doesnt go high enough. I told her sometimes Walmart will take a return w/o a receipt.

But of course, the box was already broken down and in the recycling bin so its going to be a major hassle.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Miss: Catan. We opened it up to learn how to play, watched YouTube videos, set up the board and then found all the buildings and roads and robber piece missing. Turns out a lot of recent reviews on Amazon have similar problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast