Default Circle with Disney $41@ Amazon

Circle with Disney Parental Control Device (White) on sale for $41.

https://www.amazon.com/Circle-Disney.../dp/B019RC1EI8

Circle with Disney - Parental Controls and Filters for your Family’s Connected Devices
    *MANAGE EVERY CONNECTED DEVICE: Circle recognizes and manages wired and wireless devices on your home network.
    *REQUIREMENTS: Setup and manage using a device with iOS 9+ or Android 4.2+. Home Internet connection and a compatible router required, check your router’s compatibility on our Support Site.
    *SET ONLINE TIME LIMITS: Create daily time limits on apps and popular sites like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
    *FILTER ONLINE CONTENT: Set individual filter levels by age (Pre-K, Kid, Teen, and Adult) for each member of your family. Create custom filters for websites too!
    *PAUSE THE INTERNET: Pause the internet for a single Family member or the whole Family with a single tap.
    *ONLINE USAGE AT A GLANCE: See where your kids spend time online by app and category.
    Last edited by lisa928; 12-31-2018 at 05:47 PM.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you! Just grabbed one. We’ve been contemplating getting one for some time. Last we checked it was $50...didn’t realize they raised the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Thank you! Just grabbed one. We’ve been contemplating getting one for some time. Last we checked it was $50...didn’t realize they raised the price.

We've had it for a few years and it was $90 when we got it! I used to love it but I'm less thrilled with it now and am more and more frustrated with its limitations as my kids grow. THe only one I need it for is old enough to figure out work arounds.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    We've had it for a few years and it was $90 when we got it! I used to love it but I'm less thrilled with it now and am more and more frustrated with its limitations as my kids grow. THe only one I need it for is old enough to figure out work arounds.
    This was a concern of mine. My friend who uses it said she didn’t think her 12yo could work his way around it...seemed pretty secure. How do your older ones “hack” it? I am getting this primarily FOR my 16yo and 14yo.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Using private browsing is a way around it. Isn't supposed to be, according to Circle, but it is. Also now that my teens have phones, even though we have data off for most things other than iMessage, he can use Wifi outside of our house and circle doesn't monitor that unless you buy a subscription to a separate app. Finally, if there is any free wifi in your neighborhood they can just use that and it nullifies circle. Circle ONLY restricts when connected to your own wifi. We use Xfinity for internet and so does much of our town. They have mobile hotspots all over because they piggyback mobile hotspots onto anyone who rents a modem through them so there are several xfinity Wifi networks that reach our house. He will just log off our wifi and onto those to get around our time limits or content limits.

I've also found it disrupts things like youtube and instagram, even appropriate content, so it gives my teen motivation to find a work-around, if that makes sense?

I was a HUGE fan at first but it's become much less functional for us now. It's probably good for younger kids or kids whoaren't as tenacious and tech savvy.

In case you haven’t heard of it, I’ll put in a plug for the app Our Pact which, in the premium version, ($5.99/mo., I think, for up to five devices or something like that) can selectively shut off particular apps on devices. It works remotely, so I was able to turn on my son’s texting at his request while he was at a sleepover so he could be in touch with me if he wanted. A tech savvy teen can disable it, but it sends an immediate alert to the controlling phone to let you know it’s been disabled, so there’s no way to be sneaky. For my young kids, I have their devices on schedules. Sometimes all the apps are on, but at night or at times in the day where I don’t want them to use their phones (like getting ready times in the morning,) I turn off all the apps except, for example, music and the timer. It also allows me to set an allowance of device time if I want so the kids can regulate their own usage within the schedule times I’ve set. I can see this continuing to work well when the kids are teens. It doesn’t regulate what they can and can’t see online, but it does regulate their access to the internet by just shutting down their browsers or other apps. I’m not familiar with Circle, so this might not be a solution for what you’re all trying to do, but for regulating which apps and what kind of access to the outside world kids can have and at what times, it works perfectly! It’s also great for helping kids to monitor and make decisions about their own usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    In case you haven’t heard of it, I’ll put in a plug for the app Our Pact which, in the premium version, ($5.99/mo., I think, for up to five devices or something like that) can selectively shut off particular apps on devices. It works remotely, so I was able to turn on my son’s texting at his request while he was at a sleepover so he could be in touch with me if he wanted. A tech savvy teen can disable it, but it sends an immediate alert to the controlling phone to let you know it’s been disabled, so there’s no way to be sneaky. For my young kids, I have their devices on schedules. Sometimes all the apps are on, but at night or at times in the day where I don’t want them to use their phones (like getting ready times in the morning,) I turn off all the apps except, for example, music and the timer. It also allows me to set an allowance of device time if I want so the kids can regulate their own usage within the schedule times I’ve set. I can see this continuing to work well when the kids are teens. It doesn’t regulate what they can and can’t see online, but it does regulate their access to the internet by just shutting down their browsers or other apps. I’m not familiar with Circle, so this might not be a solution for what you’re all trying to do, but for regulating which apps and what kind of access to the outside world kids can have and at what times, it works perfectly! It’s also great for helping kids to monitor and make decisions about their own usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I had Our Pact years ago before they upgraded it so much. I didn't love it then and dropped it for Circle but now that they've made it better that's actually what I'm thinking of getting. Don't love the new cost but if it will help it's worth it. I love the idea of being able to control what is on and off at any given time.

Question - does it have the ability to selectively filter texts? Like if I want DS to only be able to send and receive texts from me and DH while at school can it do that?