Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Marie Kondo on Netflix

Remember the KonMari method of decluttering? Well, there is a Netflix show with her going to people's houses to help them declutter. I'm watching the first one now. It's "Tidying up with Marie Kondo". There are 8 episodes. I can't wait to see how it goes!
    Kris

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've watched two episodes and have now re-folded every t-shirt I own into a neat little rectangle. My drawer makes me happy. Or gives me joy LOL!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

That's great! I did finish the first episode. I liked seeing how it all looked when it was done. Gives me hope.

DD's drawers have things folded like that. It does help her find what she wants. Most of my shirts are hanging.
    Kris

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I watched the first one and am curious what others thought of the way the couple interacted. It seemed like the mom might have depression or anxiety, one of the kids might have special needs and the dad was just not helping. "Hey babe, look how hot you were on our wedding day"...uhhhh, were? Are future episodes less reality show cringeworthy?

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I watched the first one and am curious what others thought of the way the couple interacted. It seemed like the mom might have depression or anxiety, one of the kids might have special needs and the dad was just not helping. "Hey babe, look how hot you were on our wedding day"...uhhhh, were? Are future episodes less reality show cringeworthy?
    I cringed throughout that episode, but I was dying laughing also...especially when Marie was carefully folding the shirt that said "#squadgoals"

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just watched two episodes that I really enjoyed. The family in LA that had downsized from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment and the woman who’s husband of 40 years had died. I’m looking forward to watching a few more.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’m in bed sick and just binged watched 5 episodes. The first couple was definitely cringeworthy and i also giggled at the #squadgoals shirt folding. The rest of the episodes were so much more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have watched all 8 episodes! I totally love her method and read her book a few years ago and followed a lot of it. Of all of the episodes the first one was my least favorite so if you didn't like it keep watching, you'll enjoy the others.

I seriously love to declutter and organize, and DH thinks I'm a dork for watching this series. ��
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I watched the first episode on Sunday and was immediately inspired to throw all of DS2's clothes in the middle of the room and have him take 3 minutes to pick those that brought him joy. Needless to say, we now have 30 shirts/hoodies in the giveaway bag! I'm pretty good at decluttering on a regular basis and most of the stuff in our house has a home and I had already gone through all my clothes just a month ago, but there's definitely some drawers I can tackle and some paper piles! I told DS1 about the show on Sunday and he said no way was he watching it! Then I put it on and he sat through the first 2 episodes! And now I had to promise not to watch any more without him! We watched another episode tonight.

The first couple was a little cringe worthy, but I also think that they were pretty typical of an exhausted couple with 2 really young children! Why did you think 1 child was special needs? Their 2 year old DD was nursing throughout every shot which I thought was amazing! Maybe you didn't catch that she was nursing and instead just thought she was burying herself into her mom at all times? Way to normalize toddler breastfeeding was what I was thinking!
    Last edited by essnce629; 01-09-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I Just watched first two episodes. The couple in the first one made want to heave. the guy was such an ass and it was obvious he resented his wife for not doing more, and had no idea how hard it is to stay and home and take care of kids and keep things clean. The wife was rather neurotic and annoying.

The second episode , with the older Japanese-American couple, was a thousand times better, and actually made me cry towards the end .i like the idea of uncovering sentimental things underneath all the clutter and making it a team effort.

I’m so glad I read this thread before watching - I would have stopped watching after first episode !! So glad the remaining episodes are betterz
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-12-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast