Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've only watched the first couple so far, but will watch the rest. I need to work on it, but I feel like the time to do each thing is more than I have most days. I need to dedicate a day or two a week to declutter. Just need to do it.
    Kris

I enjoyed it. I thought the DH in the first episode was kind of a jerk, but he also was probably overworked since he said he works over 60 hours a week. I thought the first gay couple was cute but also the least compelling of all the stories. Probably because "parents visiting" wasn't as compelling as "moving on from dead spouse". The family who had just moved to LA were really sweet. And the one scene when the woman continued meditating after Marie Kondo had greeted the house was pretty funny. Her wife's expression was funny.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

The first couple was a little cringe worthy, but I also think that they were pretty typical of an exhausted couple with 2 really young children! Why did you think 1 child was special needs? Their 2 year old DD was nursing throughout every shot which I thought was amazing! Maybe you didn't catch that she was nursing and instead just thought she was burying herself into her mom at all times? Way to normalize toddler breastfeeding was what I was thinking!
    It was the older child. Something just rang bells for me based on my own experiences. I later glanced at her Twitter posts and she mentioned special needs there too.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    DH and I Just watched first two episodes. The couple in the first one made want to heave. the guy was such an ass and it was obvious he resented his wife for not doing more, and had no idea how hard it is to stay and home and take care of kids and keep things clean. The wife was rather neurotic and annoying.

The second episode , with the older Japanese-American couple, was a thousand times better, and actually made me cry towards the end .i like the idea of uncovering sentimental things underneath all the clutter and making it a team effort.

I’m so glad I read this thread before watching - I would have stopped watching after first episode !! So glad the remaining episodes are betterz
    I agree with everything written here!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

I was going to try her method of going by item, but after taking my clothes out of our closet, I did not want to put them back in a cluttered closet, so I ended up taking most things out of it and am sorting through. I feel I'm making good progress and see quite an improvement already. I hope to get the dresser of clothes done today as well.

Most times I wish our master closet was bigger, but maybe it's plenty big! So much came out of it and I left all of DH's clothes and some bins on a shelf in there! It's long and skinny, which I struggle with. Maybe this will be the time that it stays neat. I left the bins because I know what's in them and figure I can do them by category later.
    Kris

I watched all 8 episodes and really appreciated Marie's philosophy of only keeping items you enjoy/spark joy. I had previously clung to items because I knew I paid good money for them or I hoped to lose 20 pounds to wear them again (unlikely given how much I love to eat!), etc. It felt good to have the freedom to say, "Thank you" to items I had hanging there unworn for a while (some even from pre-kids!) but bid them goodbye so someone else can find joy in them.

Rather than take all my clothes out (since I didn't have enough time to deal with everything at once on my bed), I "portioned" it out by category/space. I found this much more manageable and less intimidating. I started with my underwear drawer (as I don't have underwear all over the house, just in one drawer) and re-folded them the KonMari way. Then I did all my workout clothes, donating some items that are too small now and noting what I need more of. I also went through my closet and pulled out items I've been hanging on to for too long. Not exactly the KonMari way, but more manageable for a busy mom. I hope to tackle more of the closet this weekend.

I have to say, it feels like a real accomplishment to see several bags of clothes in the donation pile. Plus, I love opening a drawer and seeing everything folded vertically so that it's easier to find specific items!

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post

I have to say, it feels like a real accomplishment to see several bags of clothes in the donation pile. Plus, I love opening a drawer and seeing everything folded vertically so that it's easier to find specific items!
    I'm interested if this works long term. It does look super cool when she does it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I folded things like that a couple days ago for me, but DD's pants have been that way for a while. It works great for her pants. But, my sweaters not so much. When I took one out, the rest sort of slid down a bit. When the 2nd came out, the rest ended up in more of a pile. They aren't sturdy enough to stand when they don't fill the drawer. So, I changed them back to regular folding and stacking.

I like my sock drawer though. It looks great when I open it! But, I found the drawer isn't quite tall enough for half, thirds, etc, so I am rolling them and it seems to work.
    Kris

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I'm interested if this works long term. It does look super cool when she does it.
    i've had my clothes folded vertically for about a year. it totally works and stays that way. and i'm naturally a disorganized mess.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My pants have been folded vertically for 2+ years and I love it. All my shirts get hung and I don’t care about any of my other clothes (undies are in drawer bins and separated by type...I’d never take the time to fold those )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast