marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Ski Lodging - Banff or Cottonwood Canyons

Folks who ski either at the Banff mountains (Lake Louise/Sunshine) or in the Cottonwood Canyons (Snowbird and Alta, mainly but have pass for Solitude as well) - where are your favorite places to stay when you go?

Looking to plan a ski weekend with two other couples and I haven't been to either spot before. We are all big skiers and then like to go out to a nice dinner in the evenings or cook a nice meal in.

Thanks!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We stayed at a condo, which was very nice, in Canmore. There was a lovely restaurant there that had a great ambiance and great food. Let me try to remember the name in a bit!

Snowbird Lodging is better than Alta. The Hellgate Condominiums are very nice. Snowbird has great lodging options and the Shallow Shaft Restaurant is also very good. For just a weekend I would stay at Snowbird vs. staying in a house at the base of the canyon. That gives you lots more dining options for a week long stay. But you will be fine for just a weekend if you stay at Snowbird
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd go to Banff for longer than a weekend, and if possible stay up in Banff, there are so many possibilities, it's been ages since I skied there, we did stay at the big historical resort which the name is escaping me tonight. Stay at a condo or the Snowbird resort for a weekend, save time going down the Canyon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk