liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Compression Socks

I'm on my feet a lot and I'd like to get some compression socks. I tried some funky printed ones from Amazon but I can see they won't last a long time. They are thin on the foot and only seemed to have some compression on the calf. I guess I would like a sock that has compression all over the foot and calf. Strangely, the weave on the printed socks left impression on my legs (think socks with a dot pattern that left "dot" circles all over my calf and shins).

Please recommend your favorite brands (and bonus if they aren't too thick!).

Default Compression Socks

I had a couple pair of these during my last pregnancy and I was very happy with them. I could tell a big difference at the end of a day with a lot of walking/standing when I wore them. They are the only ones I have tried though, so no basis for comparison!

https://www.amazon.com/Caresox-Mater.../dp/B00K5W6N04

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't mean to hijack, but can someone explain who should wear compression socks? I thought it was only for long airplane trips or during pregnancy.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I wear compression socks for long runs both during and after the run, as do a lot of my running friends. Swiftwick is my favorite brand. I like their Aspire line.

I just tried Comrad, because I saw an ad on FB. They were just ok. I feel like my legs felt worse instead of better.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear them b/c I have issues w/the valves in the veins in my legs and keep putting the surgery off.

I like these
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017AH3M4G and these https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078P89J4P best

I also have some of these which are fine
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KYDPQZ9

and a different brand which have higher compression but need to be replaced more often

fwiw, I wash in a large stocking bag on cold and then hang to dry to get maximum usage out of them. my dr told me they needed to be replaced every 6mo sigh
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Don't mean to hijack, but can someone explain who should wear compression socks? I thought it was only for long airplane trips or during pregnancy.
    My job requires me to be on my feet for many hours at a time. After so many years, my feet and legs feel tired after a full day! Wearing compression socks helps with circulation and my legs don't feel so heavy and tired after a busy day.

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Quick question, do your socks have stripes? Do you notice that it leaves the design imprint on your legs after you take them off?

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Quick question, do your socks have stripes? Do you notice that it leaves the design imprint on your legs after you take them off?
    I've never seen any stripes that I can recall on either pair ... I wore solids today. I'll try to wear the higher strength stripes tomorrow and report back.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!