Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You know I never really thought about it until now. I grew up eating at the same spot every night at our table when it was time for dinner. But my family now doesn’t do that. Our table seats 8-10 with a leaf which we almost always leave in. There are 6 of us and we never sit in the same seat. But we don’t all eat at the same time either. We eat at approximately the same time each night but with all their activities and studies we aren’t always hungry or home at the same time. I have salad supplies available and a few casserole dishes precooked and ready to reheat ahead of time (complete meals with meat, a type of carb and veggies) and the kids help themselves most of the time and find whatever seat is free at the table. It sounds like we are heathens but they do have table manners! We discuss it and practice on the weekends, holidays and when eating out.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Same seats. I've always sat next to the youngest child. DS4 is 10 now and it has just stuck.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For dinner, always the same seats. Mostly the same dinner seating for breakfast and lunch though it sometimes switches up when we aren't all sitting down to eat at the same time.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Same seats. I definitely claimed mine. We tend to plate in the kitchen and carry over, so knowing where to put the correct plate/drink is easier when everyone stays put.

Our seats have shifted through the years depending on kids in boosters and in our old kitchen one chair usually held my "stuff"

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Same seats! Well, mostly. DH and I always sit in the same seats and our DDs both have their "usual" seat, too, but the girls switch back and forth sometimes. I'd prefer if the DDs stayed in their same seats (no good reason, I just like consistency!) but it's definitely not worth insisting on. I definitely insist on my seat being only for me, though!
    Lizi

Our kitchen table sits 4 as well. Always the same spots, and especially easier for DS1 who helps by setting the table every evening. However, couple of nights during week we all eat different times, so the peninsula seating is fair game those nights.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mnj77 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Same seats. Family of three, our table seats six.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same seats. We eat all our meals at our kitchen island despite having a table in the kitchen. It’s super easy to wipe up afterwards and it’s close to the stove so serving is easier. DH’s spot is not comfortable because it’s a shallow overhang. I keep telling him to move his chair but he won’t do it. He will move to one of the other spots when someone vacates one.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Same seats at the kitchen table, and we like the same seats on our living room furniture as well. lol

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Same seats unless I'm not there for a meal then DH will sit in "my" seat.... supposedly to help the kids though they are now 9 & 13

Same seats on the couch for the most part too. dd1 loves to sit in My spot on the couch but it comes with a dog and then she gets upset that the dogs are crawling over her. Too bad... They have their spots too! If you dont like it, go sit in your own spot.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast