Default Transportation in Mexico

A group of us (15) are going to Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen this summer. Any recommendations for ground transfer from Cancun airport to the resort? It's not included with the resort. There are a few out there, some with sketchy reviews on TripAdvisor. Hoping someone here has had personal experience with a transportation company.

We took the city bus. It was a nice bus, not quite a coach bus, and perfectly comfortable. This was a number of years ago but still worth checking out.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Could your hotel recommend someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can you book a driver through your resort? That’s what we generally do when we’re traveling internationally. It costs a bit more but we like the peace of mind and convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We used USA Transfers. The parent corporation is Entertainment Plus. We used them both to and from the resort, and we were happy with them.

http://www.usa-transfers.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We also have used USA Transfers several times, and would totally use them again. We prepaid online and printed our receipt to take along. Be specific with them on if you need car seats provided - we took our own but witnessed another upset family as they requested them, but didn’t have enough (I think they had one assigned per vehicle) and what they had was forward facing. If it’s a true bus and not a van, then you may not need them and/or there may not be seatbelts.

Each time, our driver was also amenable to making one stop at Walmart or chain grocery store for us to grab case of bottled water and some of DH preferred wine/alcohol. Not sure if he requested beforehand or promised a big tip, but it worked out fine.
    DS 2014

Thanks. I'll look into this company.

We're staying at an all inclusive so I'm assuming I don't need water nor alcohol. But a stop at Walmart would be good to pick up sunblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukini View Post
    We also have used USA Transfers several times, and would totally use them again. We prepaid online and printed our receipt to take along. Be specific with them on if you need car seats provided - we took our own but witnessed another upset family as they requested them, but didn’t have enough (I think they had one assigned per vehicle) and what they had was forward facing. If it’s a true bus and not a van, then you may not need them and/or there may not be seatbelts.

Each time, our driver was also amenable to making one stop at Walmart or chain grocery store for us to grab case of bottled water and some of DH preferred wine/alcohol. Not sure if he requested beforehand or promised a big tip, but it worked out fine.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I used Canada Transfers last summer. Just me and my two daughters. I felt safe. Good email communication.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've rented a car (because we weren't just looking to get to and from a resort, we also wanted to be able to explore and do day trips around the area - the highway between Cancun airport and Playa/Tulum is super easy to drive on your own) and we have used Tukan-Kin, a private transfer company (for girls' trips that were shorter where we were just parking ourselves on the beach strip in Tulum for a few days). I think they do Playa and surrounds as well as Tulum. They use a nice SUV and their driver was willing to do a grocery stop for us at the Chedraui on the way down.

ErinMC is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use USA transfers as well, and have traveled to Cancun at least 5 times in the past 10 years. Great service.
    Erin

DS1 2/04
    DS2 5/06
    DD 10/09