kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Nordstrom personal shopper service?

Does Nordstrom still do this? If so how do I schedule it? Thanks!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes! There is a form on their website somewhere to fill out. If you can’t find just call the store.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you're not in a rush, Nordstrom also has a subscription service, called Trunk Club. I hated Stitchfix, but love Trunk Club. As a Nordie credit card holder, I pay $0 service fee. I have my own stylist, the clothes are all carried at the stores and first quality, unlike the random polyester crap I received from Stitchfix.

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thank you!

If it's not a hijack of the thread I'd love to hear more about your experience with Trunk Club Zansu - what sort of clothes they've sent you, etc.? We don't have a lot of local options that work for me (no mall nearby) so as I've been building out my post baby/new work environment warddrobe I've been making a lot of online purchases at nordstrom b/c of the free shipping and returns, with the intent of returning most of it, just trying to find something that works. I've wondered if Trunk club would be more efficient than my current process (which seems to involve me most often misjudging how something is going to work on me based on the photo and sending a lot of stuff back)
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

From my shipments, I've kept a variety of tops, some jewelry and a skirt. There are definitely several items that I never would have ordered, but I let her ship them and I ended up really liking them. I appreciate someone else's eye. I would definitely try it for a few boxes and see what you think.

My Personal Shopper and I have fairly detailed discussions via messaging about what I like, what works, what doesn't, particular likes/dislikes. I get to see what she's pulled before it's sent (with prices and I can check on the Nordstrom website for details, reviews, etc.), and approve or reject it. I then have the option of having her send other items (that I don't get to review first) or send a smaller shipment. The shipments come in a reusable box with return label and tape strips (!) so it's about as easy as it gets. I try everything on, then go online (web or app) and give one of 8 reasons for returning it, plus I can comment on each item returned), and provide feedback.

My goal is to slowly upgrade my work wardrobe. I work in a very casual environment, so I've gotten very lazy about having "adult" outfits for work and for weekend events. I like that someone else is picking things, rather than me scrolling through multiple screens trying to pick things online. She's also selected some nice jewelry and shoes. (I haven't kept any shoes but that's because I have princess-and-the-pea feet.)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    From my shipments, I've kept a variety of tops, some jewelry and a skirt. There are definitely several items that I never would have ordered, but I let her ship them and I ended up really liking them. I appreciate someone else's eye. I would definitely try it for a few boxes and see what you think.

My Personal Shopper and I have fairly detailed discussions via messaging about what I like, what works, what doesn't, particular likes/dislikes. I get to see what she's pulled before it's sent (with prices and I can check on the Nordstrom website for details, reviews, etc.), and approve or reject it. I then have the option of having her send other items (that I don't get to review first) or send a smaller shipment. The shipments come in a reusable box with return label and tape strips (!) so it's about as easy as it gets. I try everything on, then go online (web or app) and give one of 8 reasons for returning it, plus I can comment on each item returned), and provide feedback.

My goal is to slowly upgrade my work wardrobe. I work in a very casual environment, so I've gotten very lazy about having "adult" outfits for work and for weekend events. I like that someone else is picking things, rather than me scrolling through multiple screens trying to pick things online. She's also selected some nice jewelry and shoes. (I haven't kept any shoes but that's because I have princess-and-the-pea feet.)
    This sounds really good. I’m a Stich Fix drop out but this sounds appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Nordstrom personal shopper service?

I didn’t care for Trunk Club....it was like shopping at Nordstrom Rack with Nordstrom prices...I didn’t keep anything, and nothing fit well or was attractive. I liked the skirt, but it was $135 or so and figured I could find something like it on my own, which I did. I also liked the last dress, but that was $185. Everything total I think for 8 pieces would’ve been like $900. I did this in late 2017.

If I had a larger budget I would do the personal shopping instore.

A friend of mine who does Trunk Club says they send her Jimmy Choo shoes from time to time and she sends them back.

I have had good luck with Stitch Fix, but I have had two or three fixes that didn’t work and I am pretty vocal about what works and what doesn’t work for me. I also do the “do you like” rating from the app and I find it to be helpful. I also have the $49 yearly fee option so I don’t have to pay a $20 fee every time I order so I can send things back, but ever since they started exchanges I have had pretty good luck and kept a lot of stuff. I am scheduled to get my next fix next Monday at the latest.

I am also sort of dabbling in GYPO (Get Your Pretty On), and am doing the free one on their website. I have bought stuff at American Eagle, and Target so far for casual wear. I am not sure I will pay for the other lists though.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-22-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

For Trunk Club, I set all of my budget amounts for each type of item in my profile and have never received anything that exceeds the pre-set limits. Everything I received is available at the regular Nordstrom site. It is not Rack-quality goods.

Annie, I think they re-designed Trunk Club in the last 6 months. I don't remember hearing much about it when it launched, but I signed up based on a new push for credit card holders.

I'm almost 2 hours from the nearest Nordstrom and don't have time to dig through Rack. Trunk Club works well for me.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    For Trunk Club, I set all of my budget amounts for each type of item in my profile and have never received anything that exceeds the pre-set limits. Everything I received is available at the regular Nordstrom site. It is not Rack-quality goods.

Annie, I think they re-designed Trunk Club in the last 6 months. I don't remember hearing much about it when it launched, but I signed up based on a new push for credit card holders.

I'm almost 2 hours from the nearest Nordstrom and don't have time to dig through Rack. Trunk Club works well for me.
    Ooh thanks for letting me know I might give it a try again. It was fairly new when I tried it I think.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)