Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default This must be a function of my age. :(

I wake up achey everyday. Hips, shoulders, feet all feel achy and slow every morning. We have a very nice mattress that’s newish, I wear comfortable, supportive shoes all day and try to exercise and eat right. But apparently I’m no spring chicken anymore. I just celebrated (seems like the wrong word to use) my 47th birthday. My eyesight has been changing for the last year but it really seemed to take a turn for the worse a month ago. And I think my hair is thinning. It still feels like the same amount of hair in my ponytail but it just seems lighter on top of my head. My memory is SHOT.

Sucks to get old.

Edited to change typo I couldn’t see on
    my tiny phone screen.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-19-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can so relate. I’m 47 too. I love to sit on the floor to work on lego or puzzles or sort stuff. I really feel the aches when I get up from sitting criss cross on the floor. I’m in need of readers but don’t really want to go there yet so I squint a lot instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

YES!!! 48 here, if I remember correctly, and I'm thinking about drawing a body map with all the aches and pains to take to the doctor. I know she'll say..."Yeah, you're 48." Toes, hips, hands, back. No energy sometimes, no memory sometimes. Constantly needing to update my prescription. Make this slow down!

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I will be 47 this year. Ditto on the aging issues! My wrists, thumb joints have issues. Knee and ankle issues when exercising. I've had horrible nearsightedness forever. Sensitive skin that gets red and dry. Ugh....

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could your thyroid levels be off somehow? So many systems affected....
    K

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yup! So right there as well- I turned 46 over the summer and I swear a month later started to have lower back/hip pain out of nowhere. I recently started doing Classical stretch on pbs- there are dvds as well. It hasn't made the pain go away but does seem to help.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I ran into this when I turned 42, felt like I was rapidly aging. Turns out I had primary hyperparathyroidism, which can cause all those aches, pains, lack of sleep, generally make you feel old. Since my surgery I feel much better, but I think the osteoarthritis in my neck is here to stay. Yoga has helped a lot!

It stinks though, suddenly feeling this way, I understand!!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Could your thyroid levels be off somehow? So many systems affected....
    Hmm, i hadn’t thought about that. Good point. I’ll ask my doc about it at my next check up.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had something similar and started drinking anti-inflammatory tea with ginger and cayenne. It helped a lot.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I've had something similar and started drinking anti-inflammatory tea with ginger and cayenne. It helped a lot.
    Would you mind linking to the tea?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast