Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think a more modern idea would be a faux fur or moto jacket. Pashminas seem dated and are a pain to wear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I think a more modern idea would be a faux fur or moto jacket. Pashminas seem dated and are a pain to wear.

Yes you’re right

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help! Dress for wedding

I like either dress. Maybe I am old fashioned but I love wearing a wrap or shawl with a dress especially when you aren’t sure what the weather is going to be. I have a wool wrap from Brooks Brothers that I love and a pretty green pashmina (from Robinson’s May) that works well as well. I don’t wrap the pashmina I just wear it like a shawl. I like that style of Natiralizer shoes, but if you have a wide foot they run super narrow; but they go with a lot of styles (I was so bummed they didn’t work for me). I think they would look okay with a moto. I also think a heeled bootie would go well with a moto jacket as that seems to the style these day (I did a google search....I had no idea....)

I like Rent the Runway because I got tired of having to buy dresses for outings that were nicer than my work dresses (mainly Boden) and I honestly started associated my work clothes with just work and I like dressing up and don’t want to crowd my closet with clothes I won’t wear again. I usually order my regular size and then a size up. I have had a few misses recently, and then end up with a credit for a future use (thankfully one of those was a baby shower at The Huntington Hotel and I was fine with a work dress). If you need a replacement dress you can chose from any dress on their site that is available and they will ship it overnight for free.

I do think either of those dresses are fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-04-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about this gray?
    Forart Women's Faux Fur Bridal Wedding Shawl and Wraps Winter Warm Party Evening Fur Stole https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QFM92T..._LCqwCbKFMHS1D
    K

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Is this style of sandal with straps over front of foot preferable to ankle strap style?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I prefer a shoe with more openness toward the ankle, that one would depend on how high it sits when you try it on. I have little feet and can wear just about any heel height/style etc, my dress shoes are more for style than comfort. I tend to go with shoes with fewer straps/material on top to increase leg line. I also wear 3/3.5 in heels without an issue.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

Yes to this! I got a moto jacket a few months ago to go with my dress for the yacht party, but it didn't come in time. Saw several other women wearing moto jackets with their cocktail dresses as well.

I couldn't decide and ended up getting 2 from Amazon and 1 from Nordstrom Rack. This is the one I kept:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJT1PBS..._qZCwCbNP1C8NK

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yes to this! I got a moto jacket a few months ago to go with my dress for the yacht party, but it didn't come in time. Saw several other women wearing moto jackets with their cocktail dresses as well.

I couldn't decide and ended up getting 2 from Amazon and 1 from Nordstrom Rack. This is the one I kept:

Love that one, I have one similar, wear it with dresses, jeans, so versatile!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

Love this jacket..thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2