Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where to buy longer length men's dress shirts?

DS has a long torso and I usually buy him medium tall men's shirts. He wore a dress shirt and suit for the first time two weeks ago, and had trouble keeping the shirt from blousing out. I'd like to find one that has a longer overall length (but not longer sleeves like some big/tall shirts do). Anyone know of a company whose shirts are longer length?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Try the LE tall ones. They aren’t “big and tall”. They work well for my dh. The Costco ones are good too (just the Kirkland ones that are always in stock).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My DH always wears LLB tall shirts for his long torso.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My dad wears LL Bean tall shirts (he is 6'7")
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Thanks, everyone! Looks like the LE and LLB ones aren't available in his size (only longer sleeve lengths). So I'm glad to know about the ones at Costco.

OP again...DH reminded me that he recently tried a Kirkland shirt and it was way too generously cut, even for him, so I know DS would be swimming in it. Back to the drawing board! If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears! He needs to wear the suit again this Saturday! I might end up buying those elastic straps that hook your shirt to your socks so his shirt will stay tucked (shirt stays?).

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I forgot. I buy most of ds1’s at H&M. Try there. He’s tall and skinny though somewhat buff due to sports.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH says the cut matters a lot. He needs XL slim fit but I want to say “Taylor fit” is even narrower? He’s a large for width and an xl for length. The only thing is he has long arms too so I’m not sure if that will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I forgot. I buy most of ds1’s at H&M. Try there. He’s tall and skinny though somewhat buff due to sports.

Thanks! I'll check there.

I definitely know he needs slim fit, but was also hoping to find longer overall length.

Try Brooks Brothers....both my DH and DS are both very tall and skinny. My DH loves there slim and fitted cuts dress shirts. During sales you can get some good prices I usually wait for a sale now ....WHen DS needed a suit for Debate and MUN we bought it there because they could tailor it to his long limbs and skinny waist! If you do go to a store jot down all the measurements the tailor makes it makes it so much easier to find dress shirts at other stores with the measurement information. I use to purchase some slim fit dress shirts at Boden which DH likes because the colors are different but I admit that now that their sizings are XS to XxL I haven’t.
    Last edited by plusbellelavie; 01-23-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast