Default Would you do sibling class or skip?

The only day still available for the "big brother" class at the hospital is 6 days before my c-section. (Bonus- less time the kids are going to be asking "is it today?" after the class, but bleh, I fear I'm going to have soooo much still to do, and it's on a Saturday...) I had planned to do the February class with them but it filled up before I could. It's only 1.5 hours though. DS1 is not interested at all, which is fine. DS2 has been through it before, when DS3 was born, but he is definitely the most interested in babies/the hospital thing/ how this is all going to work (he was only 3 when DS3 was born so he only vaguely remembers it. I don't think he "needs" it but I think he would like it and he said he wanted to do it when we last talked about it.) DS3 I think is hit or miss. He's only 3 and I think would be fine either way. It was fun to do when I was a SAHM and the class was on a weekday morning. I am less enthusiastic about having it on a weekend and kids are now in school/preschool.

The class is basically talking about the rules for babies (ie. you can't pick them up without a parent helping,) practice holding dolls, they show them a hospital room and the newborns in the nursery-through the glass.

Would you just suck it up and do it or skip it? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

6 days before a c-section, I would skip it. I would use the time to rest up and snuggle with your DC. The class would have been fun but I don’t think they’ll miss it enough to warrant dragging yourselves out on the last Saturday before baby arrives.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would do it. I think it's a good use of a few hours. It's a good chance for all of you to slow down and think about the new baby and the big kids' roles in the family. I think it forces you all to sit down and be together too. I know if I'm at home getting stuff done, I'm not focused on the kiddos. Plus, the kids might have questions and they might not think to ask them at home.

Skip! I did one with DD but not with DS1. It wasn’t even on my radar. Just get a new baby book and read it to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I vote go! Can you have DH take them while you have a couple of hours to yourself? He could even take them to lunch and give some some extra time.
    K