jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Free brush with IT CC Cream

Saw this makeup recommended on a thread not too long ago and decided to try it with this deal. Free brush with purchase at Ulta online and in store. https://www.ulta.com/your-skin-but-b...Impprod5770257

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for this! I have been wanting to try this CC cream so I bit. Any tips on application/wear?

suzi is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The CC cream is great. Just restocked and got a free brush, but hesitate to switch from my Clarisonic makeup brush; it is amazing! Might put the IT bonus brush in my travel bag.

Maybe I need to try this again. IIRC, they only had 4 colors the last time I tried it. I looked very orange, like an Oompa Loompa. I really love my Estée Lauder, but I hate that it doesn’t have sunscreen.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OK so I've worn this for a few days now and I think I'll be returning it. The shade is OK - it's a tad on the orange side but it worked fine for me since I have yellow undertones. I used "Light". What I can't figure out is how to make this look good on my skin...I've applied very sparingly with a good foundation brush (the free IT brush is just OK - it's not as soft as my other brushes), and in a couple of hours it starts to separate and crack and cake along my wrinkles. Even DDs are like "are you wearing makeup, mom?" which they have never commented on before when I wear my MUFE foundation. It seems at first like it has really high coverage but once it's blended in it's more light-medium coverage. For something that looks so cakey on my skin, I wish it would cover my spider veins better!

I do have oily skin, but I blot regularly and that didn't seem to help. I tried using a primer first...nope. And it rubs off SO easily - like I could hug someone and totally worry that I'd get my makeup all over their suit.

I liked a couple of things about it - it's very moisturizing, and my skin did produce less oil while I was wearing it. I also broke out into cystic acne which has never happened to me before...I'm assuming this just doesn't work with my skin. But I did learn that I should probably wear a heavier moisturizer underneath my foundation to help with oil production.

It gives a luminous finish (and this isn't the "illuminating" formula...just the plain vanilla original) - it's almost a pearly finish which I think some people might really like. It's a youthful sort of bright dewy finish. If you wanted it to be more matte you could just add a finishing powder. And I like the SPF.

Anyway, it was worth a shot for sure! I would love to find a CC cream that worked for me!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    OK so I've worn this for a few days now and I think I'll be returning it. The shade is OK - it's a tad on the orange side but it worked fine for me since I have yellow undertones. I used "Light". What I can't figure out is how to make this look good on my skin...I've applied very sparingly with a good foundation brush (the free IT brush is just OK - it's not as soft as my other brushes), and in a couple of hours it starts to separate and crack and cake along my wrinkles. Even DDs are like "are you wearing makeup, mom?" which they have never commented on before when I wear my MUFE foundation. It seems at first like it has really high coverage but once it's blended in it's more light-medium coverage. For something that looks so cakey on my skin, I wish it would cover my spider veins better!

I do have oily skin, but I blot regularly and that didn't seem to help. I tried using a primer first...nope. And it rubs off SO easily - like I could hug someone and totally worry that I'd get my makeup all over their suit.

I liked a couple of things about it - it's very moisturizing, and my skin did produce less oil while I was wearing it. I also broke out into cystic acne which has never happened to me before...I'm assuming this just doesn't work with my skin. But I did learn that I should probably wear a heavier moisturizer underneath my foundation to help with oil production.

It gives a luminous finish (and this isn't the "illuminating" formula...just the plain vanilla original) - it's almost a pearly finish which I think some people might really like. It's a youthful sort of bright dewy finish. If you wanted it to be more matte you could just add a finishing powder. And I like the SPF.

Anyway, it was worth a shot for sure! I would love to find a CC cream that worked for me!
    Interesting that it broke your skin out. I stick with IT CC cream because it absolutely DOES NOT break me out. Otherwise I do agree with some of your critiques. I think it must be the limited amount of colors because during the Summer I actually like the color quite a bit but now during Winter it seems very garish and "made up" when I wear. I stick with it because it helps so much with my skin and consider it a kind of skin care. Maybe I need to buy "Fair" to mix with "Light" during the Winter?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My sister uses this on a regular basis and she says the shades run dark. She applies it with a Real Techniques or EcoTools blender sponge. I ended up not ordering this special because the promo ran out but I probably would’ve ordered multiple shades as Ulta has an awesome return policy. I couldn’t figure out if I was fair or light and the one that said it was for pink undertones based on the online photos looked closest to my daily Smashbox foundation, and I have more yellow than pink undertones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)