Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear flip flops or running shoes when I have to do a ton of walking. I did 4 days in Disney in Teva mush, no problems. I also did a lot of hiking in Keen water sandals with socks. It is not pretty, but neither are blisters. Take blister rub stick with you and put it on as soon as you feel irritation. I keep a little one in my purse and a big one in my travel kit. It helps a lot.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

They don’t provide the same kind of magic for everyone but a lot of people (including me) swear by Fitflops. They are my go to travel and heavy walking shoes, especially the sandals. I first heard of them here. Week long trips to WDW were excruciating on my feet until I tried these.

But whatever you find, I hope your trip is wonderful!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also swear by Birkenstock’s...Gizeh’s specifically. I’ve worn these all over WDW, throughout the UK, and just about everyday at home. That being said, they are a cork sole, so do not wear them in the rain. On rainy days, my feet are happiest in my Oofoos flip flops.

Full disclosure: I have mild arthritis in some metatarsals on one foot due to an old injury...I cannot wear running shoes, Teva’s, etc.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Order these Keen Whisper and wear them around the house and town to see if they will work for you. I wear them all spring/summer/fall. KEEN Women's Whisper Sandal,Dark Shadow/Ceramic,8.5 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z4JWHA..._x64xCbZT354AA
    K

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Definitely take moleskin and blister Band-Aids whatever you choose and carry some with you so you can apply before it gets bad. I'd also take two pairs of walking shoes or sandals so you can switch off between days and let any hot spots rest.

I liked the Teva Tirra sandal on our last Disney trip. I still needed moleskin where one of the straps rubbed but I think it was more my weird feet than the sandals. I liked the ability to adjust the front straps as my feet swelled a little through the day in hot weather.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Yeah, I would suggest Orthaheel flip flops (I love mine and need the arch support with PF)- I wear mine all day long in the summer, and they're great. Otherwise a lightweight tennis shoe might be your best bet (I like my Nikes), or Birkenstocks.

Have a wonderful trip! I'm jealous!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One thing I will add - Teva sandals are totally in - google tourist sandal trend. They may work for this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I wore my FitFlops surfa when we were in Disney. Best shoes I’ve ever worn for walking long distances. I have the vionic orthaheel as well. FitFlops are better for me because the thick sole acts as a shock absorber. The vionic flip flops were excellent for arch support but weren’t as comfortable.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I’m all about birkenstocks.

Do you have a style that you prefer? I tried the Mayaris, and I want to love them, but I think the toe loop will drive me CRAZY! I wear flip flops with no issue, but something about the loop on these is....not right for my foot. My daughter has the Arizona, so I can't get those, because "that would be awkward, Mom."

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    Body Glide or deodorant on the bottoms of your feet will help prevent the rub kind of blisters.
    I went to buy Body Glide for chub rub. I saw there was also a Foot Glide product. Is there a difference?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast