Default Best Off site disney hotel

Going to heading Animal kingdom (1 day) and would like an off-site hotel. Any suggestions? Would prefer that it has a pool.

Thanks,
    Colleen

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

How much do you want to spend? Are you looking offsite to save $?

We are only going to be in the area 1 1/2 days then onto Bonita Springs,FL. Looking in the 180 -200 range.

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It has a very nice pool, and is technically in the "World" and is closer to the parks then some of the value hotels. It is a time share, so you can either rent through Wyndham or through the owners. We had a presidential suite for <$200 a night several years go.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I understand you say off-site, but I will tell you what our experience has been...

We pop into Disney for 1.5 days every year on the way to Bradenton/Sarasota area. Staying onsite gives you free parking for both days (unless something changed!) and it allows you to explore other resorts, ride the transportation, go to the beaches around seven seas lagoon (Polynesian, grand Floridian) to see the electric water show at night...something you may not feel like doing if travel back to an off-site hotel is cumbersome. We LOVE hopping over to animal kingdom lodge for (free) s’mores, the drumming, the storytelling by people from different African countries, etc. Getting Dole whip at the Polynesian before the water show is a highlight for me. Beating the crowds by having the front desk hold your luggage and hopping on a shuttle gives you more time in the morning to be in the parks before the crowds pile in. We have taken a midday break to go back to our resort, lay around by the pool (Caribbean was cheap lodging last time we went) then shower in the pool bathrooms and head back into the park after the midday crowd thins out. We have our swimsuit bag packed in the car, so DH runs out to get it, then throws it back in the car before we go. It revives us enough to stay for the evening fun. Then we drive on to our destination, feeling like we had a real vacation.

Other things we’ve done for low cost at resorts we weren’t staying in:
    -renting a surrey bike for 6 at Boardwalk
    -boat ride to Disney springs from Port Orleans
    - morning fishing at Port Orleans riverside
    -hula dancing lessons at Polynesian
    -watching the horses at Fort Wilderness (and we rode our own bikes there too!)
    -round trip rides on both monorails, just to see where they go!

We have found cheaper onsite single night hotel stays on undercover tourist. I’m sure there are other sites to find them too. A Disney hotel has a lot more fun stuff to look at than many off-site regular hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Best Off site disney hotel

We always stay off site. We like to get a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. We’ve liked Wyndham Bonnet creek. And Sheraton vistana (booked through Costco.). This time I found a condo through airbandb.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)