SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Where to ski in mid-April, close to an airport??

We have looked at the east coast, both US & Canada, and mid-April is very iffy. Colorado is also apparently very iffy mid-April. We have looked info Banff but it’s 1.5 hours away from Calgary...we’d like the ski mountains to be closer, as we are only planning 4 days including air travel. Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Snowbird in Utah will be open. It's less than an hour from the airport to the lodge. Arrange for transportation to zip you up there, stay on the slopes, and take transport back. So far we are having a great snow year. But I don't know what other places will be like in April. Snowbird is reliably open later.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Snowbird in Utah will be open. It's less than an hour from the airport to the lodge. Arrange for transportation to zip you up there, stay on the slopes, and take transport back. So far we are having a great snow year. But I don't know what other places will be like in April. Snowbird is reliably open later.
    Thank you so much!! That was actually on my radar after I posted!! Soooo good to know you’ve had a great snowy year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

With your 4 day time line (including travel), I'd stay right at Snowbird. There isn't a ton to do up there like in Park City, but enough options for dinner after a long day of skiing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk