Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Ditto to Lake Placid and Lake George in NY. Another suggestion would be the Finger Lakes region (Ithaca or Skaneateles are so cute!) or the Thousand Islands in NY. Thousand Island region (Alexandria Bay, Clayton, and TI Park) is neat because it’s right at the Canadian border - Kingston and Gananoque are right there and, if you feel like driving, Ottawa (& Quebec province) is very doable...a great city to explore. Rent a boat while there at least for a portion of your stay...the Thousand Islands region is just gorgeous to explore by boat (just be mindful of the border). ABay has a cute little sandy beach and playground that overlooks the river as well as a little bridge that crosses to an island. Lots of river & Boldt Castle tours out of ABay. Clayton has a wonderful huge pool and a sweet little downtown. Cape Vincent is great but more isolated. TI Park is an historical little village on Wellesley Island with turn of the century houses...very quaint. I am sure there are a ton of Airbnb or VRBO homes on the tiny islands too! You’d definitely need a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha, if I had to be with my ILs somewhere I could only escape by boat...
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Update! We found a house on one of the finger lakes. Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions, they were very helpful.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3