Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Beach/lake suggestions needed!

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Look at Loveladies/Harvey Cedars/Beach Haven on Long Beach Island or Avalon/Stone Harbor (all in NJ) if cost isn't an issue. There are definitely beachfront properties that would fit 14 people.
    I agree. We rented 6 bedroom house one summer in Lavallette between my family, my in laws and BIL family. Total was 13. And have seen many waterfront homes with 5-8 bedrooms. It’s pricey but since you mentioned price is not an issue. Worth a look.

Also look at Sea girt too. Many people tend to rent homes 1-2 blocks from the beach, but they’re known to have good number of waterfront homes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will definitely check them out. There are many I'm not familiar with. Please keep them coming!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, or Nantucket too far for some? We don’t like the cape but most people around here do. Haven’t been to Martha’s Vineyard but I love Nantucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I feel like the Michigan folks are going to be driving a long way with most of these suggestions. Where are they in Michigan and is flying for them an option?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I feel like the Michigan folks are going to be driving a long way with most of these suggestions. Where are they in Michigan and is flying for them an option?
    Ann Arbor/Detroit area. I don't know what beach area they'd fly to where they wouldn't have to then drive a fair amount from the airport to the beach...maybe the Jersey beaches? We drove from DC to north of Traverse City last time. DH's family are more into driving than flying.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lake George and Lake Placid are probably good halfway spots in terms of driving time -- about 9 hours from Detroit and 7/8 hours from Virginia.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We rented a house with a group that size in Lake Placid and had a great time. The house wasn't right on the lake but was very close. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Ann Arbor/Detroit area. I don't know what beach area they'd fly to where they wouldn't have to then drive a fair amount from the airport to the beach...maybe the Jersey beaches? We drove from DC to north of Traverse City last time. DH's family are more into driving than flying.
    An idea....but maybe they can fly into Trenton airport. It’s a small airport with Frontier airline. From Trenton to any of mid shore towns, its an hour drive or less depending on traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    We rented a house with a group that size in Lake Placid and had a great time. The house wasn't right on the lake but was very close. I'll see if I can find it.
    I'll look here.

You guys do not know how crazy-making this is. Everyone has their needs and wants. If my SIL would just be cool with being a block from the beach instead of oceanfront it'd be easier. I appreciate all of your help!!
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Beach/lake suggestions needed!

Ditto to Lake Placid and Lake George in NY. Another suggestion would be the Finger Lakes region (Ithaca or Skaneateles are so cute!) or the Thousand Islands in NY. Thousand Island region (Alexandria Bay, Clayton, and TI Park) is neat because it’s right at the Canadian border - Kingston and Gananoque are right there and, if you feel like driving, Ottawa (& Quebec province) is very doable...a great city to explore. Rent a boat while there at least for a portion of your stay...the Thousand Islands region is just gorgeous to explore by boat (just be mindful of the border). ABay has a cute little sandy beach and playground that overlooks the river as well as a little bridge that crosses to an island. Lots of river & Boldt Castle tours out of ABay. Clayton has a wonderful huge pool and a sweet little downtown. Cape Vincent is great but more isolated. TI Park is an historical little village on Wellesley Island with turn of the century houses...very quaint. I am sure there are a ton of Airbnb or VRBO homes on the tiny islands too! You’d definitely need a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SASM; 02-13-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast