petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Anyone have a CopperZap?

I recently read a news article about this product called CopperZap that is basically a copper wand you swab your nostrils with at the first sign of a cold and it kills the germs. It's like $60 on the website and the reviews are all glowing so I feel like it's a too good to be true type thing. BUT, I have also read articles about how hospitals are staying to use copper doorknobs, bedrails, faucets etc because it is known to naturally disinfect itself. So maybe there is something to it?

Disclaimer: I currently have 2 sick kids so I'm just about willing to try anything that says it will kill cold germs!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I recently read a news article about this product called CopperZap that is basically a copper wand you swab your nostrils with at the first sign of a cold and it kills the germs. It's like $60 on the website and the reviews are all glowing so I feel like it's a too good to be true type thing. BUT, I have also read articles about how hospitals are staying to use copper doorknobs, bedrails, faucets etc because it is known to naturally disinfect itself. So maybe there is something to it?

Disclaimer: I currently have 2 sick kids so I'm just about willing to try anything that says it will kill cold germs!
    I can see copper door knobs etc being effective at killing some germs that are left on them in the sense that I touch the door, leave a few germs behind which are then “deactivated” leaving it less likely for you to pick them up later. Sure. That makes sense. It will kill the germs it is in contact with. But swabbing the inside of your nose with a bit of copper is not the same thing. You may accidentally hit a few germs but you won’t get most and you won’t know you need to do it until the symptoms starts. So I’d save my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08