For the past 4 yrs I've been working as a substitute teacher

year 1 7w as a library paraprofessional then the remainder of the year as a reg sub
year 2 I worked as a long term sub for a para named Sue from Nov - March and remainder of the year reg teacher
year 3 Sue was injured & ill and I worked for her from Oct - end of the year
year 4 (this yr) Sue was again ill and I've been covering for her since Mid Nov. She retired in Jan and I applied for her permanent position over Christmas break.

I heard nothing back so I asked the principal who told me she'd received several applications and would schedule interviews 2nd wk of Jan. I've heard nothing from the principle since. I've asked the lead teacher who told the principal that at this point it would be detrimental to the classes I'm in etc. Nothing.

Today, lead teacher told me that the principal is possibly scheduling an interview with me for tomorrow. I've heard nothing directly. I made the comment that I'd be happy to do it after school and lead teacher said no its done during the day b/c the interviewing parties would otherwise have to stay - so I dont even know who I would be interviewing with.

How should I prepare, if at all?

I'm hugely stressed by this b/c I'm now in a situation where I NEED an income. before, subbing was enough but things have changed. I was actually thinking about how to warn lead teacher that I need to start looking for a real job rather than being a sub b/c I cant be w/o an income come June.

thanks for making it this far.