Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

On my way home from there now - and it was so, so, so easy. We did mornings at the parks, pools for the afternoon, and back to the parks in the evening. Getting around with the boats and paths isn’t stressful at all, so it’s all a really simple trip.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is the Universal photo pass worth the price? Looks like it’s $100 for 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I wondered the same thing. We've done the Disney Photopass and were pleased. We ended up skipping the UO pass and I'm glad we did. I don't think UO is as photogenic as Disney. Also, the kids didn't ask to get their photos taken with any of the few characters we saw.

I can't remember if we've mentioned, there's a really cool light show at Hogwarts in the evenings. Be sure to try to catch that.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is not worth it. There are very few photographers around the park, and some of the most interesting photo opps are actually in the ride queues, which, if you have the front-of-the-line pass, you'll never see. We paid for it over 4th of July weekend three years ago and while we got some cute character shots, there weren't enough that I felt it was worth the money.

We've stayed at Portofino and Hard Rock. Both hotels are pretty, with huge rooms. The quiet pool at Portofino is lovely -- we rented a cabana one morning and it was a great, relaxing time. But I really loved the Hard Rock. I hate walking in the heat, and even I didn't mind the very short walk to the parks from the Hard Rock. Either one is a great choice. Look and see if there's an annual pass discount for your dates (you can call and ask if you can't find it online). You may find it worthwhile to purchase a single annual pass to get that discount.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    It is not worth it. There are very few photographers around the park, and some of the most interesting photo opps are actually in the ride queues, which, if you have the front-of-the-line pass, you'll never see. We paid for it over 4th of July weekend three years ago and while we got some cute character shots, there weren't enough that I felt it was worth the money.

We've stayed at Portofino and Hard Rock. Both hotels are pretty, with huge rooms. The quiet pool at Portofino is lovely -- we rented a cabana one morning and it was a great, relaxing time. But I really loved the Hard Rock. I hate walking in the heat, and even I didn't mind the very short walk to the parks from the Hard Rock. Either one is a great choice. Look and see if there's an annual pass discount for your dates (you can call and ask if you can't find it online). You may find it worthwhile to purchase a single annual pass to get that discount.
    What kind of discount should I be look8ng for? Is it a discount on hotel or something else? TIA

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Here's the perk breakdown for annual passes https://www.universalorlando.com/web...pes/index.html

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What kind of discount should I be look8ng for? Is it a discount on hotel or something else? TIA
    Hotel. If you catch a deal, the savings can be significant. You can call the UOR booking line and ask if any of the hotels have an AP discount on your dates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2