ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default sizing for Keen Rose or Keen Bali Strap?

I have a pair of Keen Newport H2 that are super comfy, but also not very cute and make my feet look like boats when wearing shorts. Last summer I tried the Rose style from Amazon. I normally wear a size 7, but my Newports are 7.5, so that is what I ordered but they seemed too short/tight on my toes. I read that some of the colors ran differently in sizes, so I returned the original pair and ordered a different color in a 7.5, same problem. I then went to a local store (which told me that Keen does not sell 1/2 sizes, ha!). I tried the 7, too short, but the 8 was too loose. So I'm guessing that the Rose just does not suit my foot? Can anyone compare the sizing/fit of the Bali Strap to the Rose? Thinking of trying those out, as I would love a cuter option to wear with my Skorts and shorts to Disney at the end of March, as well as other amusement parks this summer. Should I try my normal size or size up?

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, my Keen Whisper come in 7.5 and I love them. Wear them all summer love them. Super comfy and supportive.

Keen Women's Whisper-W Sandal Rhododendron/Marsala 7.5 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N76O88E..._A-mzCbNNCAABQ
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Well, my Keen Whisper come in 7.5 and I love them. Wear them all summer love them. Super comfy and supportive.

Keen Women's Whisper-W Sandal Rhododendron/Marsala 7.5 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N76O88E..._A-mzCbNNCAABQ
    I considered the Whisper, but like the look of the others (a bit dressier/less sporty?) better. Why is it so hard to have fashion and function in the same shoe?!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have the Keen Rose, but not Bali so can’t compare. I’m size 7.5, as well, and didn’t realize they don’t come in half sizes! I’ll check if mine are 7 or 8 tonight when I get home. I also bought them (years ago!) for a walking intensive vacation and absolutely love them. There was no break-in period and they are so comfortable even after being on my feet for 8+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    I have the Keen Rose, but not Bali so can’t compare. I’m size 7.5, as well, and didn’t realize they don’t come in half sizes! I’ll check if mine are 7 or 8 tonight when I get home. I also bought them (years ago!) for a walking intensive vacation and absolutely love them. There was no break-in period and they are so comfortable even after being on my feet for 8+ hours.
    No, they do come in half sizes, as that is what I ordered on Amazon and have also seen on other sites. The employee at the fancy expensive shoe store didn't know what she was talking about!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    No, they do come in half sizes, as that is what I ordered on Amazon and have also seen on other sites. The employee at the fancy expensive shoe store didn't know what she was talking about!
    Got it!! I misread your original post! In anycase, a vote of confidence from me!

I own a Bali Strap in size 8.5, purchased online at Nordstrom Rack last summer. They’re, hands down, my favorite walking sandal. I couldn’t bring myself to buy a pair of the ladies Newports despite my DH and DS both loving theirs. They’re functional but not pretty enough especially since I like to wear them with tunics/leggings and dresses. I’m a size 8.5 in vast majority of other brands, and have tried the Newport and Rose in store at REI, just didn’t buy them. Was also an 8.5 for those too.
    DS 2014

I’m between a 7-7.5 and my Keen Rose’s are a 7.5. They are really a workhorse for me when I travel and I’ve definitely worn them many a time with skorts!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains