ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Memory Maker worth it?

When we went to Disney a few years ago we went with friends and did everything together, so we were able to share the Memory Maker package and split the cost. This time we will only be there 4 days, visiting 3 parks, just the 4 of us. While I hate to pay the full price for the Memory Maker, I also remember how nice it was to just stop anywhere and get pics taken and know we had access to them. And to the magic shots. DH and I have iPhone SE's which we normally use for picture taking, but I am worried it will be a pain to turn over one of our phones each time we want a picture taken, or what will most likely happen is that I am the one taking pictures of the other 3 so it looks like I wasn't even on the trip! Would you do the Memory Maker for 4 days, or just try to get a few family pics on your own?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We did 3 days last summer and did Memory Maker. I don't think it was worth it. Even going to the locations marked on the maps, we had a hard time finding photographers. I ended up pretty disappointed with how few pictures we ended up with overall.
    Kris

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's been a few years since I went to WDW, but I've loved having MM on all our previous trips. Especially the year that the SD card with the first three days worth of pictures on it was lost. Disneyland has a lot fewer photographers, and we still found it to be worth the money when we went there for three days 2 years ago.

Honestly, unless I force the issue, I end up being the default photographer and not in any pictures. I love the fact that I'm guaranteed to be in at least some of the shots with MM/PP. Plus ride photos are fun.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    It's been a few years since I went to WDW, but I've loved having MM on all our previous trips. Especially the year that the SD card with the first three days worth of pictures on it was lost. Disneyland has a lot fewer photographers, and we still found it to be worth the money when we went there for three days 2 years ago.

Honestly, unless I force the issue, I end up being the default photographer and not in any pictures. I love the fact that I'm guaranteed to be in at least some of the shots with MM/PP. Plus ride photos are fun.
    This - I paid for it one year and very happy. I needed to upgrade to an AP as I had girls trip to F&W not long after a family trip so it was "included" in the price. I have had no issues finding photographers and so nice to not have to worry about trying to capture photos.

Now - If meets/greets are in the past for you then it may not be worth it. I'm debating on our upcoming 8day trip.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Yes. I always get it an build stops into our plan and all of us look forward to seeing the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post

Same. Plus, it takes the pressure off of me and I can have just as much fun as everyone else.