Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Please help me find dressy but comfortable shoes for my 6 year old!

Hello,
    We have a Daddy/ Daughter dance coming up and we need some dress shoes. Dress is pastel rainbow colors, sparkly and very dressy. We bought a pair of shoes today but within 2 minutes of putting them on they are hurting. They were the only ones we could find and from a cheap shoe store so I didn't think we had much chance they would work! Any suggestions for something dressy but comfortable enough to last a couple of hours out? She would like to have a tiny little heal if possible and its cold here so probably not completely open. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I always let my daughter now 13 where funky sneakers that match the dress. Like black sneakers with sparkles with a black dress. Wish I could do this and probably most of the other adults also. 😀

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by updacountry View Post
    I always let my daughter now 13 where funky sneakers that match the dress. Like black sneakers with sparkles with a black dress. Wish I could do this and probably most of the other adults also. 😀
    Good idea. She wore her black Uggs with her Christmas dress. I think she really wants some pretty grown up shoes for this event though so just trying to find something comfortable. I did show her some sparkly tennis shoes at the store and she was not interested. I may have to buy a pair as back up! lol

My go-to brand of shoes for DD (7 yo) is Livie and Luca. It's usually the only other brand other than sneakers in her closet. She is using this style for dressy occasions right now: https://www.livieandluca.com/collect...silver-sparkle

They definitely fit the bill for comfort but there's no heel. DD wore this style to all our dressy holiday gatherings. They looked adorable with her party dresses and no complaints about discomfort.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I bought an adorable pair of ballet flats for my DD to wear in a wedding at Target for around $15. I’ve had good luck with comfortable kids’ shoes there

We love Mini Melissa!

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin