Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The fact that the proctor gave her the wrong information is frustrating. As you mentioned, National Merit scholarships are pretty minimal in amount, and the truth is that only small percentage of kids who receive National Merit Semi-finalist status even receive them. It is nice to receive semifinalist status, but it is even more significant to get great scores on the ACT or SAT.

I have a DD also in 11th. I am sorry about your frustration, but am somewhat confused that the issue of what calculator is allowed was even a point of discussion. It it outlined in all the test-related materials. Did your DD ask or did the proctor question her calculator unprompted???

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

IME it’s best to look up policies at the source, ie college board, but how were you to know?

I’m so sorry you had to learn this the hard way. I can understand your frustration- their ignorance was inexcusable.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2