Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We stayed in a holiday inn express in old town Scottsdale. It wasn’t super fancy but it was cheap and spacious and included breakfast. It was also centrally located. The pool wasn’t fancy but that didn’t stop my kids from spending hours each day in it. Kids were 12, 9, and 5 at the time. Hotel also had a free happy hour some of the days plus cookies before bed.
    I think I know the one; if it's the one I'm seeing in my mind's eye, it's walking distance to some of my favorite spots in the Old Town area (lots of neat shops, restaurants, and the Scottsdale Historical Society museum.)

When DH and I used to go on our own, before the ILs built their house, we'd stay in Mesa off Rte 60 on Country Club Dr. (Now we save the hotel costs by staying with the ILs.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

NOLA - the Audubon Zoo is wonderful! As are beignets & cafe au lait at Cafe duMond and Morning call. I cannot remember what we did the last time we went there other than food, walking around the French Quarter, eating beignets, and the zoo.

I'll also throw this out there...we LOVE Hilton Head Island. Water is warmer than the west coast so with wet suits your kids might be able to go in the ocean. We LOVE the bike-ability of the island...we bike EVERYWHERE.

Another vote for Orlando as well. There is just sooo much in that area. My cousin hates WDW but swears Fun Spot is one of the best amusement parks around. Not sure how kid-friendly is it, though, as he is a spinny/thrill ride kind of guy.

I haven't been there but, if you have passports, Costco had some good all-inclusive Cancun deals recently when I was looking for DDs and I.
    Last edited by SASM; 03-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4