Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all. The booties sounds like something I could really like. I like how flip flops (here) are both casual but also dressed up and I think the boots fit the bill. No more switching from slippers to wedges to running shoes, lol.

Dumb question—how do you STYLE booties? I have a suede pair someone gave me and can’t figure out how to make them look right with my skinny jeans! (They are also not quite comfortable enough for my everyday shoes so I’ll need a new pair).

Quote Originally Posted by c&j04 View Post
    I've been wearing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RNJNCR..._NaDFCbQGJ3TMD all winter. Comfortable, easy to slip off, waterproof. I wore them several LONG days of walking in Seattle
    I wish I had seen these a few months ago. I was looking for something to wear in winter that was easy on off that weren't Uggs. I ended up with a pair of LLB waterproof boots that are just okay. These look much easier.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Cold is colder here, plus I practically live in ice rinks and my feet are always cold, so I wear Uggs a lot.

For you, I'd get some nice ballet flats (I like Sam Edelman, Rothy's, Birdies, Tory Burch) and booties (so many options too) and some more stylish slip on sneakers (like someone else posted).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Thanks all. The booties sounds like something I could really like. I like how flip flops (here) are both casual but also dressed up and I think the boots fit the bill. No more switching from slippers to wedges to running shoes, lol.

Dumb question—how do you STYLE booties? I have a suede pair someone gave me and can’t figure out how to make them look right with my skinny jeans! (They are also not quite comfortable enough for my everyday shoes so I’ll need a new pair).
    Have you seen the Putting Me Together blog? She's in southern California too (maybe San Diego?) so some of her outfits would probably work for your area too. Here's one collection of posts with booties but there are more throughout her blog and on her instagram.

https://www.puttingmetogether.com/tag/brown-booties/

For shoes I'd also look at Vionics and the other FitFlop styles for support, or consider buying orthotic insoles that you can put in cheaper shoes. My feet are cranky but I can even wear Target flats if I put in decent insoles. My current insoles are from Costco, can't remember the brand.

Blondo booties from Nordstrom are great too and many styles are waterproof. I bought a pair discounted at Nordstrom Rack.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks so much everyone. That’s super helpful. I want to check out that blog. I’ve seen it mentioned here before.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Slip on quilted sneaker in black, cute with jeans, pants, sole will help in the rain. They come in many colors, they are everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have these and love them! Just brought them to SoCal last week (not sure why since the weather was more like New England than SoCal - it sleeted and snowed??). Also a pair of low heel booties, got them from Costco. If you google Kenzie booties they come up I think on Amazon.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone else wear flip flops ALL the time? What do you wear in Winter?

I am wearing Rothy’s or Cole Haan ballet flats or wedges on pretty much any day it isn’t raining. I have some Blondo light grey booties, but tbh I haven’t worn them or my Danskos as much as usual. I wear rain boots into work and then switch to flats. I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot so I have been picky about the shoes I have been wearing.

Those quilted loafers are popular....too bad I have big wide feet and they look like Grandma shoes on me. I bought some at the Nordstrom sale and my family vetoed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love mine, but I wear a size 3.5 in kids size!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm a flip flop girl, but live in the snow, sadly. If I'm not wearing my Sorels, I wear slip-on vans, quite a bit, they are my go-to shoe, even if we have some snow. I love them.
    I also have a pair of slip-on Dr, martens Chelsea boot, that fit the bill.

What about some Dansko clogs? Some of them are SO cute! So easy to slip off and on (ive got a shoe problem, lol)
    You can get some really fun ones. I sell a lot of brand new ones/or no noticeable wear, on ebay, for 40-50.00.
    https://www.dansko.com/professional-petrol-patent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2