Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone else wear flip flops ALL the time? What do you wear in Winter?

It has been a cold Winter in Southern California! I wear flip flops almost all the time. That may sound weird in some locales but around here it isn't that unusual. I wear fit flops and I love them. I'm a bit lost in the Winter. I realized that I have four pairs of shoes in my car that I use to replace my flip flops but none of them quite do it for me!

I have a pair of wedge heels that are almost good enough but they're not as good on my back and for comfort as the flip flops. I wear them when I need to meet someone for my job or turn in something to the principal or meet somebody new or otherwise impress someone.

I have a pair of running shoes that I wear about town. I hate that I have to untie them to take them off though! I take my shoes off almost everywhere inside and compared to the ease of slipping on flip flops they're not great!

I have a pair of cheap slipper-esque shoes. I'm actually not sure if they're slippers or proper shoes. They keep my feet toasty warm but they aren't as supportive as the fit flops and I always wonder if I"m wearing slippers (I"m not actually sure if they are or not, lol). Oh and they're cheap so they're not as comfy as some other brands might be.

When it actually rains I have ONE pair of shoes that are waterproof--my hiking boots. A couple of times this year its been pouring rain and I have to slip those on.

I actually keep my flip flops in the car too and sometimes just brave the temperatures!

So FIVE pairs of shoes and none of them quite fit the bill for Winter shoe wearing!

I'm looking to get a pair of shoes to be my "Winter shoes". Any suggestions? Cute, comfortable, slip on, supportive...waterproof?

Would love suggestions!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Low-heeled black leather booties. Not quite waterproof, but good enough for CA.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Anyone else wear flip flops ALL the time? What do you wear in Winter?

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Low-heeled black leather booties. Not quite waterproof, but good enough for CA.
    Yes to booties. I have a black pair that I just had resoled and a brown pair. I also have 2 pairs of mid-calf riding boots, but I haven’t worn them much this year. I also have a couple pairs of sneakers - white lace ups, black lace ups and a grey no lace pair that would work for you to slip off easily. I used to wear my workout sneakers but apparently they’re old lady shoes (Thanks DS), and the other sneakers are more fashion sneakers and do look better. I walk over 10,000 steps most days at work, so I need comfortable shoes.

I did get rain boots this winter as on rainy days my feet were getting wet walking around school campus. My school has multiple buildings that aren’t connected by a covered walkway. I’ve needed rain boots, rain jacket then I take extra umbrellas as none of my students seem to have rain gear and they were getting soaked walking to my room. I give them my umbrellas and I stay dry with rain boots and rain coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 03-04-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I've been wearing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RNJNCR..._NaDFCbQGJ3TMD all winter. Comfortable, easy to slip off, waterproof. I wore them several LONG days of walking in Seattle
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love flip flops and hate having to move on to shoe season but it’s survivable. I use Sketchers sneakers with bungee elastics vs ties so I can slip them on and off. I also have:
    running shoes (I never untie them unless I’m really going running and need them tight)
    Saucony sneakers
    Brown booties
    Black booties
    Sperry duck boots
    Several ballet flats
    ...and lots more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Slip on quilted sneaker in black, cute with jeans, pants, sole will help in the rain. They come in many colors, they are everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well I live in Pa, so snow and cold rain. My favorite winter shoes that I wear all the time are black Moto boots with faux fur from Target. I use a Dr. Scholls memory foam insert in them. Also love my shearling lined boots (similar to Ugg).

Would Toms work for you? Not waterproof but they are slip on and would be warmer than flip flops. They have ones lined with fuzzy material too. My feet are picky but I can wear Toms even when standing on my feet all day teaching. I also have some clog type shoes by Born and BOC that are comfy and dressier and can be slipped on and off easily (mine have a back to them but they do have true clogs with no back).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another year-round flip flopper, here. I have a pair of cute black Croc flats for rain/cooler temps, a pair of Oofos black flip flops for rain, and Birkenstock Gizeh’s. Those are my main rotating footwear. When I lived in NNY I had a pair of flip flops that had wide straps made of neoprene. I’d wear those to swim meets, walk out in the snow/slush, and forget that I was wearing flip flops. They were warm! I currently have a pair of Sherpa flip flops that are technically slippers but have a treaded sole so they are also in my flip flop rotation for cooler days. Oh...and my Costco Sherpa boots for the crazy cold days.

for wet/cooler days, I wear my black or brown booties for nicer events/meetings, etc type of days but if I'm running around or standing on my feet long periods, I wear my slip on quilted sneakers pp posted upthread all.the.time.

so comfy but when it's really cold/wet from heavy rains/snow I wear my uggs as cannot beat the dryness, comfort and toasty feel it gives my toes.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm usually in fuzzy mid calf high boots because I'm always freezing, but for everyday wear if I had to choose a single pair of shoes that goes with everything it would be my black booties. I have a pair by Vionic. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GFY26SW..._4gHFCbP7F7NN0

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast