bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What to wear to the theater!

I am going to attend my first real play. It is not playing at the fanciest playhouse in town but it is an evening show on a Saturday. Is there anything particular I should do to look nice?

I recommend layers, you just never know what temp the theater is going to be. Our last play was during a Winter storm in Pittsburgh. We wore church-level dresses over leggings with dress boots and wraps. There's usually a coat check so appropriate outerwear shouldn't be an issue. There was a wide range of clothing at the theater from suits/cocktail down to jeans and flannel. Even a few people in the licensed t-shirts sold at the box office.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In your neck of the woods people are so casual, but I'd opt for a pair of dressy black pants/fun top/cardigan or jacket, cute heels. Or a casual dress with a jacket/sweater, but err more on dressy less church style dress.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I have gone to several ballets out here and I'm assuming the dress for a play would be similar. I always wear a dress and coat. For a play I would probably be ok with pants also. I just went to our annual school fundraiser last night and didn't feel like wearing a dress because it was raining. I wore the new Spanx black leather moto leggings, a white tunic blouse, brick red moto jacket, and leopard heels which was definitely appropriate for a date night.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ok thanks guys! I like the idea of “date night” as the look I should go for. I’ll have to see what I can piece together from my wardrobe. Most of my stuff is jeans or church clothes with not much between!