Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    With two kids, the Ascent will be perfect for you. I have an Enclave too and while the space is fantastic, it’s like steering a boat.

The Ascent is amazingly fun to drive. It drives like a German car, which I love about Subarus.

Note the Subaru has a smaller feel all around with a smaller third row.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I am sure I will like the Ascent. My DH has a strong preference for the atlas. All the comparisons of the two rank the atlas slightly better too.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not to throw a wrench with another option, but we looked at all of those (ascent, pilot and atlas) this year and wound up going with an Infiniti QX60 as it combined several of the pros/cons you have listed and really like it. We were looking at the top of the line in those other 3 and so the Infiniti wasn't too different in price as their lower trim levels had a lot of the same stuff included (and we actually got a great deal on a some things thrown in bc that car was on their lo ). We were switching from a GMC Acadia. The Infiniti has deceptively roomy, comfortable backseats- I was surprised how roomy it felt inside based on its outside shape. My 5th grader who is tall liked the Infiniti 3rd row the best of all the cars we tried (the Pilot was our next choice space/comfort wise in the 3rd row) . And the Infiniti was zippier to drive than most SUVs too like the Ascent - its more fun to drive than my old Acadia for sure!

We liked both the Ascent and Pilot a lot too and have had Hondas and Subarus in the past and been very happy with both. I loved the look of the Atlas from the outside but didn't find the interior as comfortable or well designed as the others.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I am sure I will like the Ascent. My DH has a strong preference for the atlas. All the comparisons of the two rank the atlas slightly better too.

I drive an Atlas SE for my vanpool and for the most part I like it, but I don’t really care for the stop/start motion when the car is at a stop as the engine turns off. The car has power, but the car overall can feel a bit bulky at times. I am 5’6” and I usually sit in the third row and have plenty of room so I give the car credit for having plenty of leg room. If it didn’t have the stop start motion and it wasn’t a VW I would consider it (their handling of the diesel emissions and buyback really burned me) Interior quality wise it is leatherette interior until you get to the SEL Premium model which starts at $45k (I just looked it up). My old VW Passat has leatherette upholstery and it was fine (but I would’ve been ok with cloth), but the car was $25k and not pushing $40k+. I have an issue paying close to $40k for a car not getting leather. Maybe it is a better car overall, but if the interior is lacking for the price that would be an issue with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

One more “con” for the Ascent is that the cup holders don’t accommodate larger water bottles - seems like a tiny detail, but this annoys me every day in my sedan. (Can you tell I’m trying to convince myself to go with the pilot over the ascent? LOL)

DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Another con for the Ascent is the smaller engine size if you ever wanted to tow something.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone drive a Subaru Ascent?

Quote Originally Posted by alootikki View Post
    One more “con” for the Ascent is that the cup holders don’t accommodate larger water bottles - seems like a tiny detail, but this annoys me every day in my sedan. (Can you tell I’m trying to convince myself to go with the pilot over the ascent? LOL)

I had my swell (the bigger size, not the 17) in there Friday - Saturday and that fit fine.

Is your bottle bigger than that?

At this point, I’m shocked that the Subaru sales people haven’t brought up the Pilot lawsuit yet. They continue to point out how much safer the Ascent is as compared to the Pilot.

Aloot, I agree that the Pilot has more user friendly features, including the space between the front seats that can easily accommodate my purse.

Last edited by Kindra178; 05-05-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update, we got the Pilot. Love it so far.

Kindra, Your inbox is full! Congrats on getting the pilot! We will most likely get one as well, but I’m going to visit the Subaru dealership one last time to make sure it…

DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alootikki View Post
    Kindra, Your inbox is full! Congrats on getting the pilot! We will most likely get one as well, but I’m going to visit the Subaru dealership one last time to make sure it…

Do you have any other questions about the Ascent? I've had mine for 8 months and love it. After 2 minivans I did not want a suv that was boring and it was one reason why I veered far away from the pilot, this ascent has been fun enough to drive to satisfy the need of having a nice, yet practical family vehicle without a luxury label on it (which is judged in the area we live at, unfortunately), but bc I got the touring there are a lot of high end features that came with it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hellokitty, are you still enjoying your Ascent? I don’t see many here, but I have narrowed it down to the Ascent, or the new highlander that should be out in the next month or so. I think I am leaning towards the Ascent, but my husband is pushing me towards the highlander. It is my car, so I get the final say. I have ruled out the Pilot. I was all set for the ascent and then I saw the newly updated highlander, so that is back on my list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4