Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I have grey and burgundy, both with dark soles. I felt the dark soles are a bit dressier vs sporty, which Goes with my wardrobe.
    My Friend has grey with white soles and those are super cute, too. I Almost like the white soles better on the grey ones, but with the burgundy I definitely like the dark soles..
    Ok, tell me about them. What kind do you have? I was thinking of either the wool runners or loungers - for errands around town, air travel etc. It's always cold/cool where I am and also on planes (where I spent a lot of time!) so wool seemed like it would work best. I'm so tempted by the loungers for ease of use but they really look like old lady shoes!

Also: if I'm a half size should I size up or down since they're only sold in whole sizes?

I only heard about them recently when a friend posted the New Yorker article (originally called "Are Allbirds shoes the end of style?") and raved about the comfort of these shoes.
    Last edited by citymama; 03-12-2019 at 02:50 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear Them as everyday shoes and they are super comfy. I have very fussy feet and plantar fasciitis, but these work for me with the original insole, which is a bit surprising. Normally I use superfeet insoles.

I have The wool runners as I liked the way they looked. They say you can wear them without socks because they are machine washable, but I haven’t tried that yet :-) except for a couple of times when I’ve been in a rush to leave the house.

Citymama, if you have time, go to the store in San Francisco. My friend took me there and I wasn’t interested because I have very hard to fit extra wide feet, so these types of trendy shoes never work for me, But I gave it a shot and loved them! I sized up because I have wide feet. I don’t remember what they said about that but if you go into the store they can help you.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I wear Them as everyday shoes and they are super comfy. I have very fussy feet and plantar fasciitis, but these work for me with the original insole, which is a bit surprising. Normally I use superfeet insoles.

I have The wool runners as I liked the way they looked. They say you can wear them without socks because they are machine washable, but I haven’t tried that yet :-) except for a couple of times when I’ve been in a rush to leave the house.

Citymama, if you have time, go to the store in San Francisco. My friend took me there and I wasn’t interested because I have very hard to fit extra wide feet, so these types of trendy shoes never work for me, But I gave it a shot and loved them! I sized up because I have wide feet. I don’t remember what they said about that but if you go into the store they can help you.
    Ooh, I didn't know about the store! I have wide feet too (and super fussy) but I have ankle issues so sizing up can sometimes cause problems. I will try and get to the store! I'm super boring, so I was looking at the black/black runners (or grey/black if I'm feeling more adventurous ).

for Sandy Hook

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a pair of tree loungers that I loved. My problem is that the toe nails on my big toes tilt up so they rub against the top of my shoes. I rubbed a hole in the top of my tree loungers. This thread makes me want to try a pair of wool loungers, though! They really are super comfortable shoes! (And I have wide feet, an ankle that still acts up after a sprain 13 years ago, and a bout of plantar fasciitis)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    I have a pair of tree loungers that I loved. My problem is that the toe nails on my big toes tilt up so they rub against the top of my shoes. I rubbed a hole in the top of my tree loungers. This thread makes me want to try a pair of wool loungers, though! They really are super comfortable shoes! (And I have wide feet, an ankle that still acts up after a sprain 13 years ago, and a bout of plantar fasciitis)
    did you size up/down or order your actual size? too bad they run in whole sizes only...

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    did you size up/down or order your actual size? too bad they run in whole sizes only...
    I sized up. I never had any problems with fit even though I never wore them with socks or anything.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m glad you posted this. My big toe seems to be pushing up and I wondered if I would wear a hole in them. I would be very annoyed if a pair of expensive sneakers wore out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m glad you posted this. My big toe seems to be pushing up and I wondered if I would wear a hole in them. I would be very annoyed if a pair of expensive sneakers wore out quickly.
    They have a 30-day return period, no questions asked. You might give them a try and see how they work for you, especially if you're planning to wear them with socks. As I said, I'm tempted to try again! The tree versions have a more open weave but I'm not sure if the material would be stronger than the wool ones, or not. Sigh. I really did love those shoes. I also wear through slippers at the toe a lot, too, so it's a known issue with me.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have this EXACT problem with my big toe and it does wear holes through shoes - any shoe - eventually. If I get a pair of Allbirds (which I want!) I will probably only wear them with those socks that are padded around the toe area. The other option is to put some moleskin or fabric-glue a piece of leather or something on the inside of the shoe where the big toe rubs. The pointing-up big toenail problem is the pits!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I have this EXACT problem with my big toe and it does wear holes through shoes - any shoe - eventually. If I get a pair of Allbirds (which I want!) I will probably only wear them with those socks that are padded around the toe area. The other option is to put some moleskin or fabric-glue a piece of leather or something on the inside of the shoe where the big toe rubs. The pointing-up big toenail problem is the pits!
    Add me to the tilting up big toe nail crowd! First time I’ve been able to commiserate about that. I can’t say I’ve ever rubbed a hole through a shoe, but I skip buying a lot of flats because of the bump my toe causes. And I have a lot of loafers that develop a bump there over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast