Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Long weekend getaway in the fall

We would be leaving from the Midwest. Thinking Thursday-Sunday, no kids, somewhat relaxing and warm weather trip. Any ideas?
    This is instead of going to the Caribbean for our 15th anniversary. That might have to wait a couple years 🙁
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

San Diego, San Francisco, New Orleans, Las Vegas? Lots to see and do but you could take your time wandering and easily find great dining spots.

When you say relaxing, do you mean lie on a beach or a pool lounger? Or could you see yourself strolling a city, trying out restaurants and cafes, etc.? What month? Many places are still pleasant in September, but I imagine much cooler in October or November.

We are in CA but we have had great trips to Montreal (we went for a week in late September but it's closer to you), New Orleans (late August, but it was a bit too hot then), San Diego (November but we rented a home with a heated pool as it was too cold to go into the ocean and it may be too far for just 4 days), and Portland, OR (which may not meet your warm weather requirement unless you go in September as it will be in the 60s and possibly rainy after October).

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Long weekend getaway in the fall

I’d choose New Orleans, Las Vegas or NYC. Those are my favorite couples trips.
    Eta- NYC could be warm...you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are looking to drive or willing to fly?

San Antonio, Texas is supposed to be really nice.

Las Vegas can be really cold in the fall--or not. It's hard to predict.

September is the perfect time to visit San Francisco. Warm weather might linger into October, but as with LV, it's hit or miss.

I always recommend San Diego on these threads. It's just a nice place to visit any time of year, even when it's chilly. But it likely won't be chilly in the fall.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

For fall trips ads couple, we have done NOLA, Montreal/Quebec, Charleston/savannah, and Vancouver
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

And Monterey and Santa Barbara
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Late Sept/early Oct - Big Sur, Napa/Sonoma, Ojai, an OC beach town

Late Oct/early Nov - Charleston, Palm Springs, Sedona, Austin/TX hill country

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the idea. Looking for more of a sightseeing vacation than a laying at the pool/beach. As much as I want to go back to NYC(DH doesn’t though) I think that might be too busy. The only place we’ve been is Vegas so that’s out too. I always wanted to go to CA, not sure what area (not a wine drinker so the vineyard areas are out) but not sure if 4 days is enough to fly out to CA.
    Thinking maybe New Orleans, Charleston, Nashville,

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

In CA, I would do either Santa Barbara, San Diego or San Francisco. No need to be a wine drinker to enjoy any of those. Napa is absolutely gorgeous so don't rule it ot either. San Francisco would be my personal choice out of those with San Diego second. Don't forget, you "gain" time flying to CA because of the time difference. Depending on where you fly from, you could almost land at the same time you left!

I also enjoy DC kid- free as you can really do the museums at a grown up pace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast