Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Am I doing it wrong?

I’m on a strict diet and I’ve started exercising in earnest. The weight loss is coming along, albeit slowly. I feel satisfied and not hungry during the day BUT my workouts are getting MORE exhausting instead of less. Is this normal? Am I going too hard? I’m loving the workouts but not the feeling of just being so tired. This isn’t the feeling of falling asleep or even muscle exhaustion that I used to get as a teen after a swim workout. This is an utter lack of energy. Any ideas on what I can do?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It might be your diet. Maybe you are restricting too much- not enough fuel for your body.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    It might be your diet. Maybe you are restricting too much- not enough fuel for your body.
    I was thinking the same thing. If you are calorie counting or eating low carb is it possible you aren’t getting enough calories?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

I have failed at low carb! I simply can’t figure out how to eat that way. I am trying to add protein and fat whenever I can. I think I might need more FAT in my diet. Saturday I actually begged DH to grab me a burger (I don’t usually do fast food) and I felt a little better.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Some people do better with a grain/legume free diet but not necessarily low carb. You could try adding lots of sweet potatoes and some fruit and see if u feel better.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I have failed at low carb! I simply can’t figure out how to eat that way. I am trying to add protein and fat whenever I can. I think I might need more FAT in my diet. Saturday I actually begged DH to grab me a burger (I don’t usually do fast food) and I felt a little better.
    If it is not low carb (so no LC "flu"), then how are you eating? Just calorie counting or whole 30 or what? And for how long? Hard to guess without specifics.

Just low cal. AND come to think of it, my eating was crummy! Maybe that’s it. I would eat cake and then just starve, lol.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Check your iron consumption, too. And make sure you’re building “rest days” into your workout routine.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Check your iron consumption, too. And make sure you’re building “rest days” into your workout routine.
    I’m not resting enough I think. I’m trying for 150 minutes of moderate exercise and am doing about 25 minutes a day of Nike app workouts. I think my muscles are exhausted.

I also think the crappy eating probably is a major cause now that I think about it! Good motivation to eat better!

Also, on the Nike app some of the workouts say “moderate” intensity but I’m going pretty full bore. Any possibility that it’s off? And that maybe I’m just out of shape enough that for ME it’s full intensity?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast